Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry The Worst V8 Supercar Race This Year

I can't believe the judiciary system in V8 Supercars!?!?!?!

After Larko tried to explain how tough a job they have and how difficult their decisions are. They penalise a bloke who acccidentally re-started the race in too low a gear (T. Kelly) but they don't penalise two blokes having what was, yes, a very entertaining tussle, but completely unprofessional. Bargs had no right to be blocking Lowndes halfway through such a long race, and Craig had no right to punt Brags off a few laps later.

Justice was served, but not in the right way. Both deserved drive through penalties.

~~~~~~~~~

And what the f*ck is the go with these STUPID safety car rules. They're meant to pick up the race leader. Last I heard, when the leader peels off into the pits, they forfeit their lead. What a crazy decision to wait for the FORMER leader to completely process their pit stop and then not pick them up on exit. Did anyone else notice the Safety Car lights were ON upon Jamie's exit from pit lane but were switched off when Jamie came trundling up behind them flashing his own lights!

Something tells me those two don't have their jobs anymore. And someone please tell me that VESA are getting rid of that pussy Thomas Mezera from his rediculous position. DPO + IPO = RED TAPE. If you want a referee to give out penalties, hire a real one! One that actually has the ability to make decisions under pressure and serve justice during the race not after!

That's like a football ref. deciding that "oh it was too close to call if his studs were up when he went for that slide tackle and if he actually made contact with the ball during that tackle becuase it all happened while I was blinking, so I'll wait until a few hours after the game and issue the yellow/red card."

Bullsh!t, they make their minds up on the spot cos they have the bollocks to do it even despite the number af huligans that watch the game and if they had their chance, would absolutely throttle the ref. for his decision be it the right one or the wrong one.

Good ol' Tom has a world of information to veiw and read and yes, it might take some time processing but Christ almighty, was it really that hard to see that BOTH drivers deserve penalties. What happens next race when someone gets a little out of shape because of someones stupid, uncontrolled and completely unprofessional pass, then decides to give it right back at them and punt them off the circuit a few laps afterward? They can't penalise them now becuase that wouldn't be consistant ruling. But considering inconsistant ruling seems to be Thomas Mezera's job, we'll just have to wait and see.

Rant Rant Rant.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Old Car 0-100km/h took a friggin long time
    New Car 0-100km/h takes only 5.9sec

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, was appauling, albeit very entertaining Click here to enlarge
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMFG Click here to enlarge just watchin race now safty car epic fail the jim beam car nearly wipped every mofo out Click here to enlarge
    my old ride coming to a wreckers near you my
    old ride: vy commodore
    currently: the migrain

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perth in two weeks...have my tickets for what may well be our last touring car event here.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    saw teh incident with with bargs and lowndes, wat a friggin joke.

also the pace car sitting on the middle of the fukin track, rediculous!!

didnt see much else, was at work
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe the dude in the safety car stalled it at first (causing the lights to go off(assuming that they do that to save the battery))

well that's what my bro thought anyway.
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a communication break down between the Safety Car and Race Control. Worst track to have that sort of problem at!

A similar incident occured at Sandown this year. Wasn't made a big deal out of, but the safety car caused a whole lot of cars to get on the brakes hard to the point of borderline lockups at the end of the main straight.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok this is how it went...

The Safety Car is called due to an incident.
    The leader's take advantage of this and take their stops.

Race Control believe car #1 (Whincup) is still on the circuit, when in fact he is in pit lane.

Race Control inform 888 Racing that the Safety Car will pick up Whincup.
    888 Racing then pass this onto Whincup.

888 Racing to Whincup...
    "...Safety Car will pick you up..."

The Safety Car is waiting with lights on just after pit exit on the main straight.

Safety Car turns lights off when cars are seen exiting pit lane so that those cars go past the Safety Car. (Safety Car of course is waiting for a car that is coming down the main straight...)

Whincup has been told that the Safety Car will be picking him up though, so he is reluctant to pass even though the lights are off on the Safety Car.

Whilst Whincup is doing about 20kph beside the Safety Car, the Safety Car recieves the following orders from race control.

"Just hold Safety Car, hold where you are Safety Car..."

By this stage the cars exiting pitlane are effectively blocking the track.

Race Control then says...

"...ok Safety Car you need to scramble, it's going to be difficult for you, you need to pick up car 1, car 1 should exit turn 12 now."

So they are thinking car #1 (Whincup) is only exiting the final corner onto the main straight when in fact he has just exited pit lane and gone past the safety car.

Quite clearly no one was watching out the window and they were relying entirely on computer screens and timing data.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kabel Click here to enlarge
    Perth in two weeks...have my tickets for what may well be our last touring car event here.
    It's a shame becuase WA Govt. just need to suck it up and spend a few million on lengthening the track. The people will come if the facilities are adequate. But this is a little off topic.

There's a really good rule that VESA should look into. It's called K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple, Stupid.

IMO Tony, Tim and Thomas need to have a good long chat about the complexity of the situation witnessed on Sunday and how it can be addressed.
    Old Car 0-100km/h took a friggin long time
    New Car 0-100km/h takes only 5.9sec

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't watched it yet . . . but sounds like yet another fiasco that is driving more and more spectators (like me!) away from what used to be a world-class event.
    C'mon you guys, keep the racing simple and stop favoring the front runners all the time (well, that's the way it appears to be so often lately).
    Get back to some really good close and fair racing. And don't be afraid to penalise those (once well-known drivers) who take their frustrations out on others ahead of them with a (un)friendly tap on the rear corner at the crucial cornering moment.
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Thread Information