Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oneightoo Click here to enlarge

can i just ask, did you know about the no left turn sign prior to driving down the road?
    going off on a tangent here i know... but if i see a sign that says no right or left turn, for no apparant reason.... it pisses me off. if its not a one way street, and there is nothing blocking me from turning.. then why cant i turn? ffs.

/rant
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oneightoo Click here to enlarge
    good luck getting out of it..

best off to write a letter with a copy of the infringement notice, if you can, mention your driving record, they love to hear how long you have driven without any blemishes..

I don't think this will work, only because it didn't work for me. I parked half on the road and half on the gutter in a residential street and got fined. This street is not wide enough to have two cars parked opposite sides of the street and allow traffic to fit between them.
    They just said 'if there are no street signs, then you must abide by the law of parking on the street only'. Mind you this was council not police.

One of Chuck Norris' sperm found it's way into the gas tank of an 18 wheeler. We now know this truck as Optimus Prime!

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DEE-80Y Click here to enlarge
    I don't think this will work, only because it didn't work for me. I parked half on the road and half on the gutter in a residential street and got fined. This street is not wide enough to have two cars parked opposite sides of the street and allow traffic to fit between them.
    They just said 'if there are no street signs, then you must abide by the law of parking on the street only'. Mind you this was council not police.
    should have told them to go make their road wider instead. if they built their road properly the 1st time, there would have been no need for you to park half on the pavement... this country amazes me everyday with the levels of retardation. australians get ripped off big time by the morons in the gumbyment
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah if you're really really keen and have nothing else to do with your time (i hope this is not the case! Click here to enlarge), call up legal aid and go for the loophole. i think you may be surprised....people have gotten off on technicalities before. look at the bottom of this article

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...012614351.html

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mind you this was council not police.
    a local resident must have complained i'd imagine
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Calibrated Click here to enlarge
    going off on a tangent here i know... but if i see a sign that says no right or left turn, for no apparant reason.... it pisses me off. if its not a one way street, and there is nothing blocking me from turning.. then why cant i turn? ffs.

/rant
    these signs are there for a reason.. it's to curb the amount of traffic flow.. if there is already a main road there, why would council/residents want another through road?

the sign may very well have been put there because of resident complaints that the road was being used as a shortcut, or because it became too busy, could have been any reason..

for what ever reason it was, the sign is there, and if you break it, you deal with it..

theres the old saying - if you dont ask, you dont get..

sure it may not work, but it's been clearly stated incorrectly on the notice.. if you have a clear driving record you can get off just about any "first" offence, especially if it's a minor offence like this..
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information