Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jimbow86 Click here to enlarge
    + 1 for this.

IMO, Insurance companies should make it compulsory to attend a driver training centre (perhaps at a discounted rate) for all drivers under 25 yrs as a condition of being insured by them.

I'd take it a step further and say you should have to do this when you go from a red to a green p plate (instead of that stupid "hazrd perception test")
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jimbow86 Click here to enlarge
    + 1 for this.

IMO, Insurance companies should make it compulsory to attend a driver training centre (perhaps at a discounted rate) for all drivers under 25 yrs as a condition of being insured by them.
    The high school i went to organises an advanced driver training day once a year for all students on their L's or P's.

AAMI car insurance, whom i am insured through will pay for you to attend a driver training day and once competed will discount 10% off your policy p/a until your 25yo.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did an advanced driver course just after I got my P's and at first thought it wasn't worth it as A) I had experienced understeer and oversteer B) that I was the best driver on the road and would never crash.

Well I think due to the course its become less of luck thats caused me to avoid a crash and more skill. I say go for it. Sure most of them are pricey. But if you ever get involved in a sticky situation on the road. You'll be glad you went for it.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    always use your car (or an identical car to yours) in these things - no point feeling what a Commodore etc is like on the limit and then you get into your car and have no idea about it.
    I agree it's definately better to use your own car, but with these guys if you use their car/cars - It is an Orange LOTUS ELISE Click here to enlarge

Skillfull sailors never learn their art on a calm sea.
    2003 Silver Vectra ZC CDXi STOCK Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrissn89 Click here to enlarge
    Id be in for a group day for sure, or if a couple of us go... Ive already done two different days, a third one can only help Click here to enlarge
    I'm up for it
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by McTwistie Click here to enlarge
    I agree it's definately better to use your own car, but with these guys if you use their car/cars - It is an Orange LOTUS ELISE Click here to enlarge
    can see how thats tempting, but I reckon leave that for the second time around Click here to enlarge especially if you have little experience with the Veccy.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    i can highly recommend driver training courses both in your car and in an unfamiliar car. I have done have done over 10 due to my old job and can it changed my road awareness and the way i drive.

as for being compolsury. looks at countries such as finland and you do not get your license there until you have atleast IIRC 10 hours of driver training including off road driving. you compare there driver accident rates to ours and see how much lower they are and they have far worse driving conditions than here in aus (snow and black ice).

I wouldn't mind doing another in my car as it has changed alot since i last did it in it. (hazrd theres an idea for another meet Click here to enlarge)
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    i can highly recommend driver training courses both in your car and in an unfamiliar car. I have done have done over 10 due to my old job and can it changed my road awareness and the way i drive.

as for being compolsury. looks at countries such as finland and you do not get your license there until you have atleast IIRC 10 hours of driver training including off road driving. you compare there driver accident rates to ours and see how much lower they are and they have far worse driving conditions than here in aus (snow and black ice).

I wouldn't mind doing another in my car as it has changed alot since i last did it in it. (hazrd theres an idea for another meet Click here to enlarge)
    Germany is over 30 hours! Click here to enlarge Getting your license costs over $1000euros.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX | Forged Build | Build Thread
    Forged Build 12.23s @ 182km/h& The Run

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...e_note-irtad-4

Finland doesn't look significantly better than Australia

This is an interesting presentation