Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OpelAus Forum Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Click here to enlarge the commodore bogans must be used to gettin beat on the street now by 4 cylinders Click here to enlarge

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rhino, can you remember what the temperature was the day you went down the quarter mile.

Just wanted to see how much difference the temperature makes on our car's. I ran down the Townsville dragway on Saturday night for a dismal 15.42 at 144km/hr. Was very dissapointed :cry:

I had 11 runs and posted mostly 15.5's with only two 15.4's. All I can put it down to is the temperature at the time which was 30'C(even with my last run being at 11pm), and a very slippery track. Or should I just face the fact that I can't drive Click here to enlargeops:

Has anyone else got any offical times for the Astra Turbo?

By the way I have got a full 3" mandrel bent exhaust and a Uni Filter with a custom heat sheild.

OpelAus Forum Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent as yet , but hopefully will go down to WSID to have a few runs .

Those times you got Dan could be a problem from the heat escpesially with a pod filter , heat soak is a real bitch , so maybe a cooler day is what you need .

OpelAus Alumni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Astra_Dan
    I had 11 runs and posted mostly 15.5's with only two 15.4's.
    Can't remember the temp. Definitely nowhere near 30 tho!

That's not so bad though. I posted 15s WITH a boost controller. Having been a couple of times though you learn a few things and then I got it down to 14.4.

Ouch! 11 runs. Fella you gotta let the mobile cool down! The first time I went down I did the same, got 8 runs in and stayed around the 14.8 - 15.1 area.

The second time I did two runs, parked up and left the bonnet open and went spectating for 15 - 20 mins so that the temp went ALL THE WAY down.

Or you can just flip the bonnet while you are in your lane waiting.

When your lane starts moving, your car will have enough time to get back up to normal operating temp for your next run - but won't be gasping!

My times only got better that night as I was giving the car a rest and the temp dropped.

You can try lowering your tyres to about 20psi also if traction is a problem.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rhino and anyother Perth people
    We should all try and go down to Motorplex one street meet and show the crowd what Opel Power is all about Click here to enlarge
    Only problem is I'll be running with a stock Astra 1.8 with only induction done and Rhino will be running mid 14's with his Turbo haha. Still would be great fun!

Any of you going to sport compact meet this sat. night?? I'm gonna try and go down...although my school ball is this friday and depending how screwed i am after afterball will depend if i go. I've already decided to not enter in my go kart open meeting...which was very hard Click here to enlarge
    '03 Silver Astra City 5 door

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Astra_Dan
    Rhino, can you remember what the temperature was the day you went down the quarter mile.

Just wanted to see how much difference the temperature makes on our car's. I ran down the Townsville dragway on Saturday night for a dismal 15.42 at 144km/hr. Was very dissapointed :cry:

I had 11 runs and posted mostly 15.5's with only two 15.4's. All I can put it down to is the temperature at the time which was 30'C(even with my last run being at 11pm), and a very slippery track. Or should I just face the fact that I can't drive Click here to enlargeops:

Has anyone else got any offical times for the Astra Turbo?

By the way I have got a full 3" mandrel bent exhaust and a Uni Filter with a custom heat sheild.
    Motor mag always quote 15.22 @ 150.3

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RHINO
    Went cruising in Perth on Friday night... good results...

Went up against an '02 WRX STi and beat him twice! Was well chuffed. He was stock and not getting good starts... I realise that, but impressed none-the-less.

Then had a rolling run with another of the same build but modded (low 12s for the 1/4).

Here's what he had to say...

Quote:
    The Astra went hard....definitely the most responsive turbo car I've seen in a long time!!

Going up to Pinnaroo Point, the Astra was next to me and Ryan nailed it, and I nailed it also....by the time my turbo spooled up, the Astra was already in front of me in my lane!!! I'm sure I would have probably caught it when the turbo came on full boost, but hey, too little too late.

Go the Astra!

I've replaced intake and exhaust, installed GReddy EBC - so don't try that stock!

- 215HP at the boots -

DO U REMEMBER POSTING THIS :?: if yes than:
    DO U KNOW HOW FAST IS STOCK STI IS :?: if yes than:
    WHAT BOOST DO U RUN :?:
    the reason that im asking u is coz,i got 153KW AT THE WHILLS and i run 1/4 m in 14.01 and when i line up against an STI i got NO HOPE. :cry:
    sory bro but i dont belive u :wink:
    OPC-666

Anonymous
    Rolling start dude...

OpelAus Alumni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kosmik
    DO U REMEMBER POSTING THIS :?: if yes than:
    DO U KNOW HOW FAST IS STOCK STI IS :?: if yes than:
    WHAT BOOST DO U RUN :?:
    the reason that im asking u is coz,i got 153KW AT THE WHILLS and i run 1/4 m in 14.01 and when i line up against an STI i got NO HOPE. :cry:
    sory bro but i dont belive u :wink: [/b]
    Yeah absolutely I remember writing that.

I don't know how fast a stock STi is, I know they're 195 kW
    (Me 190kW - Now remember, FWD is the MOST efficient drive train)

I'm running .8 - .9 boost. about 14 psi I think.

4WD are good for launching but then become inefficient. Like I said, he probably didn't get a good start.

As for the modded STi - Like Paul said, did you line him up or was it a rolling start? When I beat Joe it was a 100km rolling start - that somewhat changes the scenario because it takes the launch advantage away. And as Joe admitted, his turbo hadn't spooled up yet. He would have creamed me but I don't plan on dragging ppl at 150+kmh! It's all in the start, rolling or at the lights... that's where you get beat.

Also, please note everyone that I'm not here to post bullsh!t - that's why I quoted what Joe wrote on another forum.

Some of you may want to check that forum out actually - Good bunch o ppl.
    http://www.adultmovies.bz/~mandy/phpBB2/index.php

OpelAus Alumni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kosmik
    i got 153KW AT THE WHILLS and i run 1/4 m in 14.01
    Sorry bro but i dont belive u :wink:

How did you pull that?
    160 at the wheels only netted me a 14.404!

Did you mess with your tyre pressure?

Can you post your splits? I'll hunt mine down and see where we differ.

Thread Information