OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Insignia - performance import magazine

reading the latest pi magazine this morning I noticed a small article on page 8 stating that the Vauxhall Insignia VX-R is now on the SEVS import list making it relativly easier and cheaper to import. Time to make some enquireies I thinks...
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    very interesting
    ill be watching curiously to see the landed price
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2002_XC Click here to enlarge
    starfish bed hog Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't have enough time at work to ring around today. Any help getting a price would be greatly appreciated

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still have to meet this criteria for it tho

To be eligible for a personal import the following mandatory criteria must be satisfied:

1. the vehicle has been owned and used by the applicant for a continuous period of at least 12 months (3 months where ownership and use of the vehicle commenced before 8 May 2000);
    2. at the time the vehicle is imported, the applicant is:
      i. an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident; or
      ii. a person who has applied to become an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident;
    3. the applicant is of an age that entitles him or her to hold a licence or a permit to drive a road vehicle of that type;
    4. the applicant undertakes to comply with any requirements as to road safety that are imposed in respect of the vehicle by the Administrator; and
    5. the applicant has not imported a road vehicle owned by him/her within the year ending on the day on which the vehicle in respect of which the application is made is landed in Australia.

Copies of the following documents must be provided to establish ownership and use of the vehicle overseas for twelve consecutive months, or more:

• every page of your passport including all blank pages
    • statement of travel. This involves supplying details of any absences from your main country of residence during the relevant qualifying period for ownership and use of the vehicle. If your travel was for business reasons you must supply a letter to that effect from your employer.
    • purchase documents
    • overseas registration documents in your name
    • driver's licence
    • a $50 application fee must also be provided.

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roa...ia_2.aspx#five
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider Click here to enlarge
    still have to meet this criteria for it tho

To be eligible for a personal import the following mandatory criteria must be satisfied:

1. the vehicle has been owned and used by the applicant for a continuous period of at least 12 months (3 months where ownership and use of the vehicle commenced before 8 May 2000);
    2. at the time the vehicle is imported, the applicant is:
      i. an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident; or
      ii. a person who has applied to become an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident;
    3. the applicant is of an age that entitles him or her to hold a licence or a permit to drive a road vehicle of that type;
    4. the applicant undertakes to comply with any requirements as to road safety that are imposed in respect of the vehicle by the Administrator; and
    5. the applicant has not imported a road vehicle owned by him/her within the year ending on the day on which the vehicle in respect of which the application is made is landed in Australia.

Copies of the following documents must be provided to establish ownership and use of the vehicle overseas for twelve consecutive months, or more:

• every page of your passport including all blank pages
    • statement of travel. This involves supplying details of any absences from your main country of residence during the relevant qualifying period for ownership and use of the vehicle. If your travel was for business reasons you must supply a letter to that effect from your employer.
    • purchase documents
    • overseas registration documents in your name
    • driver's licence
    • a $50 application fee must also be provided.
    http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roa...ia_2.aspx#five
    I'm pretty sure I did mention that Isignia has made it on the government SEVS import list. That means you don't have to do all that crap to import it Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HappySlapper82 Click here to enlarge
    I'm pretty sure I did mention that Isignia has made it on the government SEVS import list. That means you don't have to do all that crap to import it Click here to enlarge
    ah right, read more into it as I couldnt find 'SEVS' mentioned this morning, so you use a dealer to bring in a used vehicle? more or less like how the jap cars are...
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information