Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Golf GTD

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be similarly quick isn't though, which is his point.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge

Even something basic like my new Honda City VTiL kills a basic Golf in the looks department Click here to enlarge
    Not sure what you have been smoking

Honda City:
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mania Click here to enlarge
    To be similarly quick isn't though, which is his point.
    But they aren't are they? For example... the GTI vs GTD. The GTD is a moderately fast diesel yet is 1.5-2sec slower to 100 than the only modestly fast GTI.

In gears you say.... i reckon a GTI is just as fast in gears as the GTD and has a useable rev range twice as broad meaning you are less likely to be in the wrong gear at any particular time.

Fuel consumption is the biggie for diesels BUT they do have the advantage of:
    1. No pumping losses due to no throttle plate
    2. Diesel actually has 15% energy in it than petrol (and more carbon)

As manufacturers turn their engineering attention back to petrol engine efficiency then I think you will see the gap shrink. Apparently Mazda has some new petrol engines on the way that give a 30% fuel economy benefit over their current small car engines. Much easier to scrub the exhaust clean of a petrol car to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new Corolla Hybrid (New facelift will look the same but will not have the solar panel sunroof and blue interior - I have seen pics at a dealership..They have not posted pics on the internet yet):

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?i...a%3DN%26um%3D1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    Not sure what you have been smoking

Honda City:
    Click here to enlarge
    Yep that's the one and even in the worst colour it comes in (the pic you've decided to show LOL) it still looks better than the cooking model Golfs IMHO...especially side and back on, even in that frontal aspect it looks better...

As said soooo many times and I'm sure most people agree, if the Golf Mk6 didn't have the Sciroccos front end, it'd be a total blank on the looks radar Click here to enlarge

If you seriously think a basic Golf is good looking, bar the front end, I'd say your on the weed Click here to enlarge (jk) Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    The new Corolla Hybrid (New facelift will look the same but will not have the solar panel sunroof and blue interior - I have seen pics at a dealership..They have not posted pics on the internet yet):

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?i...a%3DN%26um%3D1
    Nice, I like the wheels and other subtle changes, as mentioned earlier the current Corolla and even Yaris are quite attractive vehicles...

Blue lensed headlight panels, few vehicles withthis now means you don't have to get upgraded blue lensed bulbs...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "upgraded" blue lensed bulbs? Personally I think their light output's terrible Click here to enlarge

And I'd take the Mk6 Golf in looks over that thing any day Click here to enlarge. Because you know what? It does have the scirocco front end. Click here to enlarge No point playing around with "if it didn'ts".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mania Click here to enlarge
    "upgraded" blue lensed bulbs? Personally I think their light output's terrible Click here to enlarge

And I'd take the Mk6 Golf in looks over that thing any day Click here to enlarge. Because you know what? It does have the scirocco front end. Click here to enlarge No point playing around with "if it didn'ts".
    yep..good luck and happy motoring...

I much prefer the look of the City ..at least it looks futuristic and different, The golf looks as ugly as cow poo and as boring as watching paint dry...and it has crappy VW reliability.

and the scirocco front end is actually nicer looking than the golf 6.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The facelifted corolla doesn't look much different to the current one. Maybe a nip/tuck with the bumpers. Hopefully there will be some new tech under the sheetmetal.. like an auto with more than 4 speeds and ESP standard Click here to enlarge

The current Corolla is a lot better styled than the old one. And I like the styling of the Yaris. Actually I think the Camry is better proportioned than either the new Liberty or Mazda 6.

RE: Honda City... whats the point of this car? It's in the price range of a Civic Sedan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new Corolla gets ESP standard. Auto box is not changing....that will come with new model..not facelift...manual gets 6 speed..same as pre-facelift I guess. Engine is same dual vvti .... it is not a new model...

yes, it does not look much different but it looks more sporty and aggressive.

Thread Information