Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Golf GTD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    The facelifted corolla doesn't look much different to the current one. Maybe a nip/tuck with the bumpers. Hopefully there will be some new tech under the sheetmetal.. like an auto with more than 4 speeds and ESP standard Click here to enlarge

The current Corolla is a lot better styled than the old one. And I like the styling of the Yaris. Actually I think the Camry is better proportioned than either the new Liberty or Mazda 6.

RE: Honda City... whats the point of this car? It's in the price range of a Civic Sedan.
    Agree with the above, only I think the new Mazda 6 is a very good looking and well proportioned vehicle, if it weren't so big, I'd seriously consider one (the TD luxury variant) as a new daily drive for myself...

As for the Honda City - it was my missus' and her daughters decision in the end, not mine, everybody has their own personal preference Click here to enlarge in their words/comments in the many weeks we went shopping around and leading up to the purchase of the City, the Civic sedan looks like a grandpas car, the Golf looks plain and ugly (remember not long ago I checked them all out extensively along with them), the Eos they loved, the Passat R36 they thought was ok (that's the one I really loved) the Mazda 3 SP25 sedan they loved, the Mitsubishi Lancer they were 50/50 about (I love both the VRX and Ralliart) we looked at a whole lot of others, but they just loved and chose the City in the end Click here to enlarge

I do like it alot as well, it's very well styled, has a beaut interior nice little docile economical engine - perfect for a young P plater and for the price has a very good interior an excellent aircon system and a very good hi fi install - way better than what's on the base model Civic sedan for a similar price and it also has very nicely suited alloys...Click here to enlarge

We also drove away with it for 24k neat Click here to enlarge and we're all happy with that Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    We also drove away with it for 24k neat Click here to enlarge and we're all happy with that Click here to enlarge

and thats the most important thing Click here to enlarge
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    yep..good luck and happy motoring...

I much prefer the look of the City ..at least it looks futuristic and different, The golf looks as ugly as cow poo and as boring as watching paint dry...and it has crappy VW reliability.

and the scirocco front end is actually nicer looking than the golf 6.
    + 1 except for the cow poo LOL Click here to enlarge

The City I've purchased is 2/3rds or less of the cost of a base model Golf and is so much better in alot of ways...

I certainly don't think the Golf looks like cow poo LOL but it is overall plain and boring to look at, a little too conservative for my liking and believe me, alot of young and older people alike think that too...

The 'dress up' bits on the Gti's look a little better but still do nothing for me, it's a totally different story with the Scirocco Click here to enlarge

As USC pointed out, the best looking part being the Scirocco's front end actually does look better on the Scirocco, what they've done on the Golf is copied it but also watered it down compared to the Scirocco, it's like a cheap rip...Click here to enlarge

IMHO VW should've kept the styling of the new Golf unique and not modelled part of it on the Scirocco...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Wraith;508806
    IMHO VW should've kept the styling of the new Golf unique and not modelled part of it on the Scirocco...[/QUOTE]

Couldnt agree more Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge

Except the Civic (and golf) come with ESP as standard. perhaps the most important safety feature on a p-platers car.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except the Civic (and golf) come with ESP as standard. perhaps the most important safety feature on a p-platers car.
    The civic only recently introduced it as standard. The thing is if you are not a good driver, you ll crash anyway.
    There are millions of cars out there without ESP. All those VN, VP, VR and VS commodores and similar falcons hardly have any good safety features..like air bags etc.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took that into account rj (and could've waited for next year when this feature will be included in the City) but agreed that for a docile 1.5ltr engined car that won't ever be driven like it was stolen or on a track LOL it didn't worry us in the slightest Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The civic only recently introduced it as standard. The thing is if you are not a good driver, you ll crash anyway.
    There are millions of cars out there without ESP. All those VN, VP, VR and VS commodores and similar falcons hardly have any good safety features..like air bags etc.
    Exactly... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And in the news... what are those P platers driving when they kill themselves and 3 of their mates?

This whole b**shit about good drivers not needing active/passive safety devices is crap. ABS, ESP, Seatbelts etc etc are all their in the one instance in your live when your or someone else makes a mistake. You must be young enough still to think you are still invulnerable or are a great driver Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by rjastra; 3rd November 2009 at 07:28 AM.

Thread Information