0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Vic road laws

Effective from Nov.

New penalties
    http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...icoffences.htm
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Makes sense.

Quick question though I was always under the impression that the driver was always fully responsible for all passengers in the car wearing a seatbelt regardless of age.

Does this mean that now if a passenger is over 16 and not wearing a seatbelt they are the ones that get fined rather than the driver?
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow thats a lot of increased revenue...

But after reading this

"Drivers caught speeding at 30-35 kilometres per hour over the speed limit will face fines of approximately $380. This fine is $70 more than the current fine."

W.A that would be about $750+
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    QLD has just had a change too

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/reso...11_sept_09.pdf

Key changes include:

fog lights — turn off fog lights in clear weather. If you drive with fog lights on in clear weather you risk being fined A$40
    single centre line — don't U-turn. If you do a U-turn over a single continuous centre line you risk being fined A$180 and three demerit points
    seatbelts — all passengers must wear them. If you drive with a passenger of any age without a seatbelt or child restraint you risk being fined A$300 and three demerit points
    wheeled recreational devices — if you ride one when and where they are not permitted you risk being fined A$40.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I didn't realise WAs fines were so much higher then the rest of the country. We've had the 'driver responsible for passengers' law for a while... retarded imo. Know of a P plater that had the book thrown at them for a combination of offences, all of which were the result of his drunk passengers.. despite him being responsible. I personally prefer to keep my attention on the road rather then inside the car Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by guy 27 Click here to enlarge
    Makes sense.

Quick question though I was always under the impression that the driver was always fully responsible for all passengers in the car wearing a seatbelt regardless of age.

Does this mean that now if a passenger is over 16 and not wearing a seatbelt they are the ones that get fined rather than the driver?
    i read it that the driver got the penalty?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AH08 Click here to enlarge
    "He said the changes included preventing overtaking and U-turns over single unbroken dividing lines. Motorists will be able to perform a U-turn or overtake across broken dividing lines, or where there are no centre lines at all"

Click here to enlarge i thought that wasnt allowed here already? thats just common sense!! at least they will still be allowed at traffic lights unlike nsw...
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    i read it that the driver got the penalty?
    If it's like WA, both the driver and the passenger gets the penalty. They double dip Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisMarriott Click here to enlarge
    Wow thats a lot of increased revenue...

But after reading this

"Drivers caught speeding at 30-35 kilometres per hour over the speed limit will face fines of approximately $380. This fine is $70 more than the current fine."

W.A that would be about $750+
    is that WA law because people go out of town and try and burn things up in the desert? Or am I making a delicious stereotype?
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hazrd, It wasn't illegal to cross a single continuous line in Victoria, people & the Shire complained in our town to the cops about drivers doing u turns in the main street over a continuous line and the cops replied with "we cant do anything, its not against the law" so the Shire got Vicroads to put double lines right thru the town.

Thread Information