Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Letter from EPA

OpelAus Enthusiast Keep'emRunning's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..i have a magnaflow as well, was really loud until the straight through centre section was replaced with an intermediate muffler. Quiet, but very nice sound now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol @ the hotdog comment, I'll ask for that one.
    Well, I've decided I'm going to get it changed. It's really bad, and my partner doesn't even wanna be in my car now, she thinks I'm a hoon LOL. Funny that.

So what's better you think, another muffler or a hotdog? It's straight through system. I just don't wanna get caught and be back to square one you know?

PS: I've uploaded a video of the sound to my members car link. (click below). It's on youtube. Let me know what you think. (Remember when I'm playing it, it's with the windows closed...) heh

Click here to enlarge
    [ My 2008 Astra GTC Coupe ]
    Mods: [ Mods Galore, check my car thread to view ]

I'm new here, please be nice Majobie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checked out your video, mmm does have a nice drone - lol, if it bugs you probably best to get it back to the guys that installed it to see what they could do.....you have a nice ride though, like the twins!

I'm new here, please be nice Majobie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS: I've uploaded a video of the sound to my members car link. (click below). It's on youtube. Let me know what you think. (Remember when I'm playing it, it's with the windows closed...) heh
    I'll put the Magnaflow back on and make a couple of videos to compare!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    get a varex, maybe an illegal aftermarket mod in some states (not in WA) but it will stop u getting attention cause of your drone.

when i got myn tested it was held by the guy 50cms away at a 45 degree angle at the same height as the tip and the car was held at 4500rpm.. i was told the max Db was 96db, i got 84
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    thats good to hear mate

does anyone know if an exhaust above the db specs would void insurance? (just something that came to mind out of curiosity)
    The answer is yes. If your car is unroadworthy, you have no insurance cover.

My previous car, a Hyundai Elantra, had a switchable muffler which exceeded 90db above 4,000rpm, but was still legal like the Ferrari. I do know that 90db is not very loud!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what insurance company you're with, but all the ones I know of will only void insurance if it's the part that caused the accident.

ie, fitting non ADR approved headlights definitely wouldn't void your insurance in the middle of the day, and they'd have to have good reason to void your insurance at night, ie glare from badly aligned headlights caused the other driver to hit you.

I think an insurance company would have a hard time proving that a loud exhaust note caused an accident =/, although if you neglect to tell them about the exhaust in the first place it might make their escape clauses.

Thread Information