Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Awesome machine, but...

Even if you could, would you fork out over 1/2 a million dollars for this thing though ???

Around 540k to be more accurate...it makes the pricing of all the those others I listed in the previous page look dirt cheap LOL...

For that kind of dosh, if I could go there, I'd be looking at something else to choose from in the exotica World of cars Click here to enlarge
    if you could go there, then i reckon you could go anywhere and have this as your tuesday car Click here to enlarge
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

OpelAus Participant TheOperator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alot of the money you pay is pure and simple rip off for the brand name and in our case here in Aust. tax - lots of taxes Click here to enlarge

There's no way they're worth the coin being asked for them, but whilst there's a market for them, those price points will always be there...
    Yeah we get ripped a new asshole on vehicles like this is Aus.

I know this for a fact cause everytime Dad and Mum buy new cars in UK they just order straight from factory in Germany, get a huge saving (read Dad's current M3 tuned by Hamann was $40K Aus dollars cheaper then new here) and drive it back to UK.

But even buying in the UK itself with the taxes they have is still heaps cheaper than here, and the Brands involved can't tell me the transport plus taxes makes up that much difference Click here to enlarge

But as for C63, i love these things and it is causing a family rift as i keep saying to Dad to bar the M3 cause the Merc is better Click here to enlarge It's even better when Mum has joined in and said she wants one just to spite him Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awesome machine, but...

Even if you could, would you fork out over 1/2 a million dollars for this thing though ???
    I think u answered the question, if i could, hell yes i would!
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TheOperator Click here to enlarge
    Yeah we get ripped a new asshole on vehicles like this is Aus.

I know this for a fact cause everytime Dad and Mum buy new cars in UK they just order straight from factory in Germany, get a huge saving (read Dad's current M3 tuned by Hamann was $40K Aus dollars cheaper then new here) and drive it back to UK.

But even buying in the UK itself with the taxes they have is still heaps cheaper than here, and the Brands involved can't tell me the transport plus taxes makes up that much difference Click here to enlarge

But as for C63, i love these things and it is causing a family rift as i keep saying to Dad to bar the M3 cause the Merc is better Click here to enlarge It's even better when Mum has joined in and said she wants one just to spite him Click here to enlarge
    $40 saving!! Thats huge!

If bought from Germany, wouldnt it have to be registered as an imported vehicle in the UK?? meaning higher taxes, insurance and rego costs etc?? how much did your dad save compared to buying an M3 in the UK?
    ex. ~2.5L V6 Vectra~
    ex. ~matte black '07 Honda VTR 250~
    current ~phantom black '11 Triumph Street Triple R~

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mercs full stop are a rip off ! yes yes you could argue technology and exclusivity....the only ones which are any real value are the C200K or the C220 CD1 all the other models are pretty much the same only have bigger motors in them and come on $100K more to put a V8 in it with ? like Wraith says....there are alot more attractive cars at that price.

OpelAus Participant TheOperator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Greg K Click here to enlarge
    $40 saving!! Thats huge!

If bought from Germany, wouldnt it have to be registered as an imported vehicle in the UK?? meaning higher taxes, insurance and rego costs etc?? how much did your dad save compared to buying an M3 in the UK?
    No it's not classed as a import as you order the car to UK specs, your just cutting out the middle man and taking delivery from the Factory rather than your usual dealer Click here to enlarge You then drive it back to UK with a Permit and pay road taxes, compulsory insurances etc once you get off the Euro Star at the nearest DVLA (RTA).

Doing so is actually quite a common practice over there, particularly when buying higher end stuff like AMG and M series etc!

As for compared to buying in UK, from memory i think he saved 10000 pounds, as it has a lot of Hamann gear on it which UK tuners rape you for. The other advantage of this is the car went from BMW to Hamann to do the work themselves and then delivered by BMW with full factory warranty Click here to enlarge

I'm pretty sure he had a similar saving on the CSL before that that had full M Sport catalogue in it, we really get screwed over in this Country Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by btm Click here to enlarge
    if you could go there, then i reckon you could go anywhere and have this as your tuesday car Click here to enlarge
    That's true...

However speaking for myself, Mercs or even Beemers just don't cut it in this price point, I'd fill the garage/mansion up with Ferraris and Lambos or the like for this kind of money Click here to enlarge

A possible exception would be the McLaren/Merc SL/R...

Tuesday car for me would be an Audi R8 or Nissan GT-R anyday over any Merc or Beemer Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ice Click here to enlarge
    Mercs full stop are a rip off ! yes yes you could argue technology and exclusivity....the only ones which are any real value are the C200K or the C220 CD1 all the other models are pretty much the same only have bigger motors in them and come on $100K more to put a V8 in it with ? like Wraith says....there are alot more attractive cars at that price.
    IMHO I'm with you on this one...

Look at the price points of those Mercs in the -63 range...they go from 160k all the way to 540k Click here to enlarge what a joke...

But hey for those who have the money and want to spend it on these things - go for it Click here to enlarge

Me, as said if I could I'd be rocking up to talk to Mr Zagame Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information