Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Golf R

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge

But they still pale compared to the latest Japanese high power 2.0ltr powerplants mania - the Mitsu MIVEC of the Evo 10 leaves it for dead, it can be tuned to over 320kw / 550nm without opening the engine or changing the turbo...
    Except the MIVEC engine of the EVO (and ralliart) is a complete gas guzzler.

Also:

Haldex controller

http://www.goapr.com.au/products/haldex.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mania Click here to enlarge
    I guess that's true, but I tend to think of those evo engines like GT30+ LETs... technical showpiece, not meant to be owned or driven Click here to enlarge. I guess my previous statement was a bit too enthusiastic - is still a lot of power from a smaller turboed engine though. Probably has twice the power the evo does at 2500rpm Click here to enlarge.

And I'm wayy behind on Audi tech. Kind of gave up being interested in them when I saw their Australian price range =/. EDIT: (Same thing that's probably going to make me lose interest in the Golf R Click here to enlarge)

Interesting about the remap. Would be nice for a tuner to add a "Bias" knob... so you could tune it on the fly.
    The MIVEC has very good low end power and torque too as have the new boxers of the Subes, they have full variable timing on both intake and exhaust sides now which helps alot with that. Click here to enlarge

Yep, tuning the front/rear power bias on the fly would be good - a bit like what you can do with Sube Sti's and Libertys Click here to enlarge Japs one step ahead again...

And yeah Audis are so hot, but damn the price points on all their range...I'm still keen on a TTS though, waiting for the MY10 face lift before making any firm decisions...:smile2:

Mk6 Golf R20 will definitely not be a cheap offering here in Aust. save your pennies and get an Audi instead Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    Except the MIVEC engine of the EVO (and ralliart) is a complete gas guzzler.

Also:

Haldex controller

http://www.goapr.com.au/products/haldex.html
    If you reaearch it's total technical specs, you'll quickly discover why rj.

Factory 'stoich' or AFR is very rich in setting, as it's been designed to expand the power envelope to a much greater power level...it also features a fuel pump and injectors that go way beyond the factory power level as well, obviously set up for easy and inexpensive future model power increases...

Simple remaps and exhaust enhancements not only result in massive power increases, but also return far superior specific fuel consumption figures as well Click here to enlarge

Am aware of all the APR (and HPA) gear for the Haldex, there's a guy on the OzAudi forum getting one off stuff done by APR Aust. to his TTS ATM am watching with keen interest for the final results...

HPA are also setting up shop here in Aust. soon (in NSW) Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mk6 Golf R20 will definitely not be a cheap offering here in Aust. save your pennies and get an Audi instead Click here to enlarge
    Jusdging by the prices being thrown round for the new MK 6 Golf GTI in Australia (not much change at all) I would expect the GOlf R (no such thing as the R20 etc anymore) to be roughly the same as the outgoing R32. Mid 55K + ORC. So roughly 10K less than a S3 or top spec STI/EVO X

New performance figures have the Golf R at 0-100 in 5.5/5.7 secs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jusdging by the prices being thrown round for the new MK 6 Golf GTI in Australia (not much change at all) I would expect the GOlf R (no such thing as the R20 etc anymore) to be roughly the same as the outgoing R32. Mid 55K + ORC. So roughly 10K less than a S3 or top spec STI/EVO X

New performance figures have the Golf R at 0-100 in 5.5/5.7 secs
    If that's the case, then it will definitely be competitive Click here to enlarge

We can only wait and see...

Performance is similar to S3/TTS...

Apologies for quoting R20 everywhere, can't get that designation out of my mind LOL Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apologies for quoting R20 everywhere, can't get that designation out of my mind LOL Click here to enlarge
    Apparently all future "fast" VW models will be suffixed "R" only. No reference to engine capacity .

For instance:

Passat R36 -> Passat R

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently all future "fast" VW models will be suffixed "R" only. No reference to engine capacity .

For instance:

Passat R36 -> Passat R
    Makes sense as maybe they don't want similarities between the VW models and Audis which have a letter R followed by a number designation...
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information