Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    heres a pic from the day if anyone is interested..

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a fan of those rim styles...Yokohama should stick to making tyres only !

Although I'm pretty certain they're just sticking their name to the rims which are being made for them by somebody else, I suspect Enkei as those rim styles are virtually identicle to in design and both companies are in Japan...

Remember all, 5x110 PCD can be made from any 5x112 or 5x114.3 PCD rims - what's more important is the width and offset or ET numbers !!!
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you're
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Remember all, 5x110 PCD can be made from any 5x112 or 5x114.3 PCD rims - what's more important is the width and offset or ET numbers !!!
    How does that work? I have heard of Wobble Nuts but also heard they are illegal in AUS.

Are you talking about re-drilling the mags ?

And as a total newb.. what is the offset?

Skillfull sailors never learn their art on a calm sea.
    2003 Silver Vectra ZC CDXi STOCK Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not a fan of those rim styles...Yokohama should stick to making tyres only !

Although I'm pretty certain they're just sticking their name to the rims which are being made for them by somebody else, I suspect Enkei as those rim styles are virtually identicle to in design and both companies are in Japan...

I don;t mind some of them...but if you know how to get them to fit, please LET ME KNOW!!!! Click here to enlarge

I looked at it, from spacers to re-drilling the hubs...Nothing was practical.

But I have to say I would also comsider a set of the Neova AD08 tyres...if they do a 235/40/17 these could be my next set.... Click here to enlarge
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by McTwistie Click here to enlarge
    How does that work? I have heard of Wobble Nuts but also heard they are illegal in AUS.

Are you talking about re-drilling the mags ?

And as a total newb.. what is the offset?
    Yes, re-drilling...

Do a search McTwistie, this topic has been discussed sooooo many times over soooo many years, I've got sore fingers from constantly repeating all the info Click here to enlarge

Same with offset or ET number - basically that'll determine how far in or out the wheels sit...

If you come up empty, I'll get into it in depth, but I'm sure a search will reveal all Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gman Click here to enlarge
    I don;t mind some of them...but if you know how to get them to fit, please LET ME KNOW!!!! Click here to enlarge

I looked at it, from spacers to re-drilling the hubs...Nothing was practical.

But I have to say I would also comsider a set of the Neova AD08 tyres...if they do a 235/40/17 these could be my next set.... Click here to enlarge
    Sorry gman, I don't really follow...

Do you mean these wheels won't fit or re-drilling can't be done to them or am I off on a tangent ??? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry gman, I don't really follow...

Do you mean these wheels won't fit or re-drilling can't be done to them or am I off on a tangent ??? Click here to enlarge
    Sorry mate...Redrilling the hubs to the different PCD...I have an old STi wheel laying around which is 114.3 x 5. If you set it on the Astra hub with a hub ring the offset isn't too far out so there's really only the PCD..

If you re-drilled new locations for the studs at 114.3 x 5 inbetween the stock 110 x 5 they would almost be a direct fit. But theres not enough meat on the hub to do it IMHO... And considering I want to use it on the track, I want to be careful too....

Not a fan of re-drilling the wheel either..OK for road use no prob on wheels that have the studs covered, but not for track use...
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gman Click here to enlarge
    Sorry mate...Redrilling the hubs to the different PCD...I have an old STi wheel laying around which is 114.3 x 5. If you set it on the Astra hub with a hub ring the offset isn't too far out so there's really only the PCD..

If you re-drilled new locations for the studs at 114.3 x 5 inbetween the stock 110 x 5 they would almost be a direct fit. But theres not enough meat on the hub to do it IMHO... And considering I want to use it on the track, I want to be careful too....

Not a fan of re-drilling the wheel either..OK for road use no prob on wheels that have the studs covered, but not for track use...
    OK understand now...but please check the PCD of those rims gman, AFAIK Subaru uses 5x100 PCD ??

Now if you re-drill those rims, the re-drilling will be done over or onto the existing hole positions, not another set of 5 holes, I know what your referring to (10 hole/multihole 2 fitment rims - I also have a set of these) but with re-drilling 5 hole rims, that method is never adopted.

What happens is the lug hole is increased in dia. and then new steel seating sleeves are inserted into the end of them.

The only worry or prob you 'may' have is to check the hub centre opening size, as it may be smaller than the Opel hub, therefore the rims won't fit on, however as you've said you've sized them up, it seems the hub hole in your Sti rims is big enough - so what you need to do now is get a set of 'hub locators' or C.B.L's that suit.

ET number or offset should be stamped onto the back of all rims, (usually behind one of the spokes) so check what it is, you'll instantly know if it's good or not - good number would be 42 and above...

As for re-drilling strength and integrity of the rim, if done properly they are as good/strong as was before, myself and lots of people I know have used them for years without any dramas and these rims have been used on lots of cars I know of with mega power levels and no probs Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    what was this thread about again..........
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information