Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Phone

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Calibrated Click here to enlarge
    8900 Curve for sure. loved that phone to bits. no frills, just does exactly what it needs to do, and does it well.
    Ash - did you find the lack of 3G on the Curve any way a limitation?
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    no comment
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    no comment just ban
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    Ash - did you find the lack of 3G on the Curve any way a limitation?
    nope, but then again we were with Telstra, so coverage was never an issue anyway. speed was fine. yes the bold (3G) had faster download speeds, but really, how often do you use the net on your phone? unless you wanted it for voice calling. but then the 8900 doesnt have a camera anyway.

the bold is also a great phone, but i just preferred curve.

however, i do LOVE my xperia x1.
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    or in my case OA on the phone 24/7 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what did you decide on?

I will be picking up my BB bold 9000 tomorrow (hopefully), will let you know what I think of it once I've had a play around with it.

One of Chuck Norris' sperm found it's way into the gas tank of an 18 wheeler. We now know this truck as Optimus Prime!

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    just got my 8900 curve today. Love the size of it and the screen is prob the best I've ever seen on a mobile phone Click here to enlarge

I was happy to trade off the lack of 3G on the curve for the size of it. I've got wireless at work and at home I can log into so don't need3G - plus the fact that the Optus 3G network is basically a pile of shit and you're lucky to get a 2G signal out in Berwick means I don't care if I dont have it.

having a couple of issues with syncing via bluetooth at the moment, but I think the new desktop manager will fix most of those...
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    crap...

one thing I didnt realise is that most of the blackberry apps out there only work if you have a blackberry data plan on your account. I realised this was the case for the email, but I thought that because I use gmail mostly I could just use the gmail for mobile java app that I had running on my old HTC.......

ba-bow

can only use it via a GSM data connection, not through wifi.

Its not too much of an issue because I can just browse to gmail through the browser and use it via that - just would have been nice if the app worked through wifi...

might just have to bight the bullet and get the extra BB email Internet services so at least I can use the blackberry email client....

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    crap...

one thing I didnt realise is that most of the blackberry apps out there only work if you have a blackberry data plan on your account. I realised this was the case for the email, but I thought that because I use gmail mostly I could just use the gmail for mobile java app that I had running on my old HTC.......

ba-bow

can only use it via a GSM data connection, not through wifi.

Its not too much of an issue because I can just browse to gmail through the browser and use it via that - just would have been nice if the app worked through wifi...

might just have to bight the bullet and get the extra BB email Internet services so at least I can use the blackberry email client....
    if you can write it off as a business expense (do you have an exchange server, etc?), i would look at getting BES. however the BB IS does the job just fine.

the native browser is good, but definitely download Opera Mini. much nicer.

as for App World, it doesnt work for Australia yet. however, there is a crack some guys have used on their 8900's to force it to work

http://www.blackberryforums.com.au/f...australia.html
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my Bold 9000 yesterday, and I'm still trying to figure it all out as I'm used to Nokia's. But so far this is a good piece of machine, as I do alot of emails and invoices, this works well for me.

So far, so good. Click here to enlarge

One of Chuck Norris' sperm found it's way into the gas tank of an 18 wheeler. We now know this truck as Optimus Prime!

Thread Information