35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

New Phone

Quick Survey

Blackberry 8900 Curve (no 3G)
    Blackberry 9000 Bold (3G)
    Nokia E71 (3G)

Don't really want another Windows mobile device, and I definately do not want an iPhone.

Needs to be able to sync to MS Outlook with no issues....
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i hear the blackberry bold is great! mate got e71 didnt live up to what he expected..
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    Quick Survey

Blackberry 8900 Curve (no 3G)
    Blackberry 9000 Bold (3G)
    Nokia E71 (3G)

Don't really want another Windows mobile device, and I definately do not want an iPhone.

Needs to be able to sync to MS Outlook with no issues....

I just selected the 8900 as I was going to buy one. Apparently the gprs is hardly any diff for BB services compared with the 3G although its still silly not to have that feature...nowadays anyway. The 9000 is far to bulky and heavy. go to GSM arena and read a couple of reviews and compare the BB's...i wouldnt bother with that Nokia.....have you thought about the new Nokia E72 or even the E52? looks very nice, has by far the best feature range.......

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just in the blackberry range... stay away from the storm, i have one its absolute crud
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yeah have read all the reviews on GSM arena.

was leaning towards the curve because its smaller than the bold - but the lack of 3G was putting me off. Wasnt really thinking about the Nokia because my wife has an E66 and she hates it. But at the footy tonight my mate just got a E71 and he loves it. Played with it a bit and its quick and not laggy like the E66. Problem is it seems to suffer the same bug that my wife's E66 has about the camera application not closing properly...

Blackberry's are also more expensive still - Nokia on a $49 plan and I'm ready to throw my HTC TyTN II out the window.

can't see the E72 on the Optus website.... and on the Nokia website its still saying Coming soon....
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    yeah have read all the reviews on GSM arena.

was leaning towards the curve because its smaller than the bold - but the lack of 3G was putting me off. Wasnt really thinking about the Nokia because my wife has an E66 and she hates it. But at the footy tonight my mate just got a E71 and he loves it. Played with it a bit and its quick and not laggy like the E66. Problem is it seems to suffer the same bug that my wife's E66 has about the camera application not closing properly...

Blackberry's are also more expensive still - Nokia on a $49 plan and I'm ready to throw my HTC TyTN II out the window.

can't see the E72 on the Optus website.... and on the Nokia website its still saying Coming soon....

im pretty sure ive heard the Nokia's have plenty of issues with software when they first come out.....maybe if your going the E71 wait a bit and see what other people think after a month or so once the novelty wears off. See the lack of 3G was also putting me off the 8900 despite the advice of others saying it didnt really make much diff....so typical of BB, the makings of such a good phone and they take out 3G ! they have another model out with 3G but it wont be here for a while and its...well I think its hideous......bahhh there are just so many choices out there, its a matter of weighing up all the pros and cons and just going for it and hoping you are lucky, haha, I look for weight and size of the handset and also a biggy is battery life and the customizability. features is an obvious one. I simply couldnt decide......I kept saying ill wait for it to come out in the shops and then bam......that Nokia E72 comes out and im hooked on that....but its not reached our shores yet.....grrrrr, Living in the UK did have its advantages. the 8900 is $600 on ebay brand new and unlocked...maight be an idea and then you can choose your plan, not be dictated by the telco's

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yeah - bought the TyTN outright because I couldnt be stuffed with plans - however can't really afford to shell out 600-900 on a phone outright - especially if I can get it on plan with no extra repayments....

Had a look at the E72 and it might be worth waiting for that - trackpad looks awesome and the Symbian 9.3 software also looks pretty good. Hopefully its available through all the telcos because I'm stuck with Optus as a carrier (which sucks because they are crap - last night at the MCG I kept loosing a signal repeatedly over about an hour - mates iPhone on Optus was doing the same thing too - Dad's BB9000 on Telstra kept a rocksolid 3G connection, so did my mates 3 E71 Click here to enlarge )

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8900 Curve for sure. loved that phone to bits. no frills, just does exactly what it needs to do, and does it well.
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you get an iPhone?

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just don't like them - plus I don't want a phone for apps and games and all the associated rubbish you can get with an iPhone - it needs to have a good calender and contacts database (which after playing an iPhone I decided I don't like the way the calender works - windows mobile calendes and contact databases are superior), it needs to integrate with MS outlook properly and I don't like the onscreen keyboard (this means the HTC touch diamond 2 is also out of the question)

Thread Information