Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mania Click here to enlarge
    Mizled, do you have a source Click here to enlarge? Official figure is peak torque of 250Nm available from 1950rpm-5600rpm. Which means the stock map must keep the boost flat from 1950rpm onwards. My map messes it a bit, allowing it to come on harder (1 bar) at 3600rpm.
    Interesting - does it have EGR? Of course it does depend on how you drive it though.. only review I could really find on fuel consumption for the focus ST said they were seeing 15L/100km. Whilst they were probably driving particularly hard - I really struggle to exceed 13L/100kms =/. Average around 9.5-10L.

EDIT: I kept on looking, and found a few more. Here (between 25-23mpg - 11.3-12.3L/100kms), and here where some owners are seeing 14.2L/100kms

Not too surprising - the engine with 25% increased displacement uses 25% more fuel Click here to enlarge.
    Yeh i'd say you're right.

I use roughly 9.5 - 10L/100kms as well

From reading owners reports, i'd say the XR5 would be around the high 11's

And in relation to my satisfaction with my car Gman... it's never been that high. And i've owned it since new as well
    2006 Subaru WRX

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    your just hard to please ben Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2002_XC Click here to enlarge
    starfish bed hog Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting - does it have EGR? Of course it does depend on how you drive it though.. only review I could really find on fuel consumption for the focus ST said they were seeing 15L/100km. Whilst they were probably driving particularly hard - I really struggle to exceed 13L/100kms =/. Average around 9.5-10L.

EDIT: I kept on looking, and found a few more. Here (between 25-23mpg - 11.3-12.3L/100kms), and here where some owners are seeing 14.2L/100kms

Not too surprising - the engine with 25% increased displacement uses 25% more fuel Click here to enlarge.
    sorry a bit cheeky I know ... im averaging 6.3L/100km and struggling to get it to 6.4......I can only push the car so Hard !

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lithium Click here to enlarge
    hmm, its possible Wraith but the engine did sound pretty healthy. when it was on boost it was definitely strong, and IF you could keep it there, it would certainly blow the doors right off my Barina. i could believe it would do the same for an auto V6 veccie as well.

i guess my main gripe was that it was difficult to keep on boost and drive like that - one gear too high at the wrong time, one gear change too slow, go off WOT and the boost would disappear and you'd have to wait a second or more for the turbo to spool it back up. probably its my driving style but it was a new experience for me Click here to enlarge i'll take your advice and when its time to replace a car again, i'll give a few more turbo 4 pots a go to see how they are
    If you drive one of the slightly larger displacement turbo 4's or even a 2.5 IL5 like the XR5T Fords/Volvos they will most probably give you a different feel again as they come on boost fairly low in the rev range (say 1,600-2,400rpm) and at those low rev ranges may already have as much as 80% torque output (or even 100% like most Audi engines) then the drive is great and even if you get caught in the wrong gear/revs/speed, they'll still pull away harder/quicker than a typical N/A engine Click here to enlarge

If you get the chance, go test drive a MPS3, you'll walk away wanting to buy it because of how powerful and strong it feels to drive regardless of what gear or speed your at, it makes our 2.0ltr turbo Astras feel like that Colt you discribed by comparison... Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nuggz Click here to enlarge
    your just hard to please ben Click here to enlarge
    I try not to be mate... believe me

Weak Brakes
    Creaking rear bushes (after being replaced under warranty)
    Sounds like a diesel at idle
    Flash not being up to scratch

And now I have a clicking sound when I take off, which I don't know if I can bothered getting looked at...
    2006 Subaru WRX

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What car were you coming from Mizled? And are you sure it's the same engine in yours as is in mine? Sometimes I feel like we're talking about different cars... odd how preferences differ isn't it Click here to enlarge.

For instance, I don't think there's a diesel on Earth that sounds at good at idle as a stock sri-t =/, and found the stock brakes above average. Sucks about your warranty issues though Click here to enlarge. My only real issue with the car is that it's addictive to mod, and my pockets aren't nearly deep enough Click here to enlarge. But then I've never had creaking at any corner, clicking on takeoff, or any other difficulties minus a small oil leak when first breaking in (which was fixed overnight by warranty). And I have been driving with a remap for most the cars life, I guess I forget what it was like stock...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What car were you coming from Mizled? And are you sure it's the same engine in yours as is in mine? Sometimes I feel like we're talking about different cars... odd how preferences differ isn't it Click here to enlarge.

For instance, I don't think there's a diesel on Earth that sounds at good at idle as a stock sri-t =/, and found the stock brakes above average. Sucks about your warranty issues though Click here to enlarge. My only real issue with the car is that it's addictive to mod, and my pockets aren't nearly deep enough Click here to enlarge. But then I've never had creaking at any corner, clicking on takeoff, or any other difficulties minus a small oil leak when first breaking in (which was fixed overnight by warranty). And I have been driving with a remap for most the cars life, I guess I forget what it was like stock...
    Go and have a listen to the new Mazda 6 diesel - sounds like...wait for it a petrol and that's both idling and on the run !!!

Mazda have paid special attention to noise accoustics and applied them well, AFAIK it's something Porsche also do with their turbo diesels Click here to enlarge

Agree with some of the above too, ie. stock Astra turbos have very good brakes and so far no probs with my 5 year old turbo vert, albeit with very, very low travelled km's. Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mizled_SRi-T Click here to enlarge
    I try not to be mate... believe me

Weak Brakes
    Creaking rear bushes (after being replaced under warranty)
    Sounds like a diesel at idle
    Flash not being up to scratch

And now I have a clicking sound when I take off, which I don't know if I can bothered getting looked at...
    Mate hate to hear anyone being disappointed with any car they purchased...

The clicking could be the inner CV. Check to see if the CV boot has ripped. There have been a few that have had that issue, both AH and TS.

That said, I had my TS SRi-T from new in 2003 and still have it even though I have 2 other cars and live in another country to it now.. Click here to enlarge

All I can say is maybe you got a Monday morning/Friday afternoon built car...Click here to enlarge
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would get the clicking noise checked out because that is the complaint that people have when the diff is starting to die and if you leave it it can destroy the whole gearbox. Take it to a transmission shop for a diagnosis because most dealerships wouldn't have a clue.

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ice Click here to enlarge
    sorry a bit cheeky I know ... im averaging 6.3L/100km and struggling to get it to 6.4......I can only push the car so Hard !
    OMG Pete - you've turned into one of those annoying diesel people obsessed with how good your fuel economy is. Wearing an anorak yet? Click here to enlarge
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Thread Information