Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NSW licence question

Brothers girlfriend got her licence in NSW but now lives in WA and still on her P's

according to WA requirements she needs to transfer to a WA licence if she resides permanently here

During discussion yesterday it came up that because she completed her licence in a auto she has a auto licence for all of her P plates (ok that is obvious) on completion of P plate status she gets a open licence with no restrictions allowing her to drive a manual with out having to sit another practical in a manual car

Could NSW people please explain this or show were her confusion has come from

Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EL BURITO Click here to enlarge
    Brothers girlfriend got her licence in NSW but now lives in WA and still on her P's

according to WA requirements she needs to transfer to a WA licence if she resides permanently here

During discussion yesterday it came up that because she completed her licence in a auto she has a auto licence for all of her P plates (ok that is obvious) on completion of P plate status she gets a open licence with no restrictions allowing her to drive a manual with out having to sit another practical in a manual car

Could NSW people please explain this or show were her confusion has come from

Thanks
    there is no confusion there mate... u have explained it as it is.

when you do your licence test, if it is in an auto, you are restricted to an automatic vehicle for the life of your provisional licence.

this applies interstate also.

once you move to a full licence, you are free to drive whatever transmission you wish
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Enthusiast KingOfAstras's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge

when you do your licence test, if it is in an auto, you are restricted to an automatic vehicle for the life of your provisional licence.

once you move to a full licence, you are free to drive whatever transmission you wish
    In NSW - if you do the test in AUTO, your restricted to AUTO on your Red P's (P1) only, Green P's (P2) allows both Manual & Auto transmissions. You COULD, redo your test on Manual, they call this an Upgrade.

I would assume all other states are the same, but that's how it is in NSW.

Also - In NSW, a P1 licence holder is allowed to drive Manual, if accompanied by an Open Licence holder :-)
    New: '10 Ford Focus ST/XR5 Turbo
    '06 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    Old: 07.5 Opel Astra H Sporthatch... R.I.P.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From what I gathered in W.A is that if you get an Auto License, you're restricted to auto for life until you do a manual test?

However, if she keeps her home address in NSW then it would be fine i'm sure, my sister living in NSW still has a W.A license and she just says she's on "Holiday" if she gets pulled over. Gotten out of a few tickets that way.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

OpelAus Enthusiast KingOfAstras's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisMarriott Click here to enlarge
    my sister living in NSW still has a W.A license and she just says she's on "Holiday" if she gets pulled over. Gotten out of a few tickets that way.
    They are just too lazy to do paperwork for minor things Click here to enlarge, great fun though.
    New: '10 Ford Focus ST/XR5 Turbo
    '06 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    Old: 07.5 Opel Astra H Sporthatch... R.I.P.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrismarriott Click here to enlarge
    from what i gathered in w.a is that if you get an auto license, you're restricted to auto for life until you do a manual test?

100% correct, this is what would be confusing laurie, obviously all other states are wreckless, letting ppl drive what ever tranny they want without any proof they can work it safely

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fyi qld does not give you a *free* manual upgrade
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider Click here to enlarge
    fyi qld does not give you a *free* manual upgrade
    good to hear some states do it right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge

****ing hell that is ridiculous there is some thing to be said for a VOC

If you can't prove you can operate equipment correctly you do not have the right to be in it, I don't give a shit what the law is.

That is like saying hey you have been driving a Hi-rail for 2 years you can now operate a 3 km ore train, I just flick the magic switch that gives you the knowledge to do so.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EL BURITO Click here to enlarge
    ****ing hell that is ridiculous there is some thing to be said for a VOC

If you can't prove you can operate equipment correctly you do not have the right to be in it, I don't give a shit what the law is.

That is like saying hey you have been driving a Hi-rail for 2 years you can now operate a 3 km ore train, I just flick the magic switch that gives you the knowledge to do so.
    thats how we rolls here in the south wales of new.

Ant never sat no manual test in ma lyfe dat be the truth sur. The orthority man says i could do whatsever i wants so long as i pass the number second p plait egzamanitions for dem kar lisenses.
    Tom 08 Astra Coupe SRI 2.2 (Bunnings Tune)
    Click here to enlarge

"Forced induction" sounds like some sort of sexual assault.

Thread Information