Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mania Click here to enlarge
    Anyone else wondering the future of OA now that the only new Opel offered here is in the shape of a combo?
    So whos gonna give the bad news to the guys on the Delorean forum?

Even if Aus no longer brings them here this forum will be fine.

And as I see it, there will be more people looking for help/info as Holden cleans there hands of anything Opel Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree, the forum will be alive and well. Especially after Holden brings over the Insignia Click here to enlarge

In regards to the Cruze now: anyone can enlighten me, what exactly is new about the 1.8l petrol drive train? The engine has been with us for eons now.
    Renault SPORT Clio RS 200 Cup Trophee

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that long? It's the vvt one so 4 years or so? How long has the 2L turbo been with us Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh sorry, I forgot about the VVT, what a pinnacle of engineering that is... Let me tell you, 104 kW and 176 Nm in a 1,400 kg car is absolutely nothing to write home about. I still believe this is the same old engine, carried over from Astra G, plus some new ECU and, lets not forget, VVT. The Delta II chassis, how new is that? Any more advanced that what Opel uses for the new I? Don't think so...
    Renault SPORT Clio RS 200 Cup Trophee

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dieselhead Click here to enlarge
    Oh sorry, I forgot about the VVT, what a pinnacle of engineering that is... Let me tell you, 104 kW and 176 Nm in a 1,400 kg car is absolutely nothing to write home about. I still believe this is the same old engine, carried over from Astra G, plus some new ECU and, lets not forget, VVT. The Delta II chassis, how new is that? Any more advanced that what Opel uses for the new I? Don't think so...
    Delta II is brand new - Delta was introduced in 2003 I think. It's as new or prob even newer than the Epsilon II which is what the Insignia is based on - itself is a successor to the Epsilon platform which was what the Veccy C was built on.

And anyway, the new 1.4 turbo which will be in the Cruze next year will sort out the power issues with the 1.8.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Delta 2 platform is the same platform the Astra Mk6 (and Volt) is based on IIRC. So probably means handling / comfort will be similar in the two..

1.4L direct injected turbo should spruce things up a bit more too. If it manages anything close to VW's bizarreo child should be alright..

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well...no more VXR`s...now let`s see what HSV will do with a local small car,if anything ???

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bye-bye Holden, VW here I come Click here to enlarge The Cruze is too old and too heavy for my liking. Anyone knows the weight of the damn thing?
    Yep, bye bye GMH and hello Mazda for me (again) or maybe VW in future if they bring in the Scirocco Click here to enlarge

Shall look forward to what GMH have in 3-5 years time, maybe the Insignia coupe will be around by then ???

As for the Cruze, yes the petrol is underpowered and very sluggish from take off and thirsty for a 1.8ltr (as I've already evidenced from a friend of mine with one now for almost a month) especially the auto...

I do hear however that the oiler is a very good drive by comparison, so if you can do without all the kit (as it comes equipped same as the base model) and can live with the ask price being the same as the top model CDX petrol, just shy of 30k (no thanks for me) then the oiler is the go...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    opel tend to keep their engines for a while...

the Z20 for example has been carried over all the way back from the calibra, starting with the c20 version (block is almost identical, all they have done is improve the design)
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Astra is now gone from Holden's website........

Thread Information