Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    call me suburbalist, but my GF rolls her eyes everytime i lock my doors. I only do it when i'm in the west or north of Melb's CBD, haha

I should make it a habit all the time, but it a bit of an effort to lock the 3 door TS astra from the inside.

many new cars have autolock once you drive off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Greg K Click here to enlarge
    i know that with the E46 bmw's, the doors lock once you drive over 7km/h and dont unlock unless you press a button on the concole unlocking all doors, or you can actually use the lever and by pulling the lever twice from the inside will unlock and open the 1 door only

My gf's Cruze has the same feature, although the doors also unlock when you remove the key from the ignition. Definitely something good to be including in modern cars!
    _
    _ mods _ opelised _ 17" advanti medusa's _ slotted front and rear rotors _ whiteline rear sway bar _ k&n panel filter _ ice install _
    _ facelift headlights _ window tint _ de-rubstripped _ smoked indicators and rear fogs _ stubby aerial _

Click here to enlarge

_ click here for the barina car club of australia _

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    call me suburbalist, but my GF rolls her eyes everytime i lock my doors. I only do it when i'm in the west or north of Melb's CBD, haha
    lol, i only do it in the S/E burbs. Guess you get used to the area you live.
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    and some people wonder why i dont drive my car at night unless its for a cruise or group event........ this is why !!!

*broken record alert* glad ur ok mate

there are alot of car alarms on the market nowadays that lock your doors when you start driving... but i think they are set to unlock them when you brake... kinda defeats the purpose

but with the anti-hijaking device.. whats the point?? if they have poles and they wanna jack you.. the car wont start? they will beat the hell out of you until u start it for them wouldnt they?

we cant win can we...

no no u missed the point adz
    its just called that

it acutally locks the doors when u start the engine
    and unlocks when u turn off
    basically the autolock feature alot of car have today
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2002_XC Click here to enlarge
    starfish bed hog Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spewin man.

I agree with most of what everyones been saying - I lock my doors in the city/unfamiliar territories.

My sister got mugged whilst still in her car at a traffic light in the city at night.

Her doors were locked but she had her window down.

The Aboriginal (not trying to offend anyone... he really was Aboriginal) basically just grabbed her bag from the passenger side. My sister put up a fight tugging back at it but he eventually got the bag out through the gap and all her stuff spilt out.

Just as that happened a bloke from the car behind got out of his car - probably realised what was happening and wanted to help.

The Abo escaped with my sister's IXUS camera.

Police later caught him and my sister got her camera back. It was all bashed up but still works!

The best part is there were pictures of the abo and all his mates and shit pulling gang signs on the memory card.

Thats the thing with the AH's though (the CDX H I have now used to be hers until she left the country for work), she coudlnt shut the window because it wouldve auto-opened up even more!
    Tom 08 Astra Coupe SRI 2.2 (Bunnings Tune)
    Click here to enlarge

"Forced induction" sounds like some sort of sexual assault.

OpelAus Forum Addict InsaneAsylum's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll be migrating to south africa very soon Click here to enlarge

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum Click here to enlarge
    i'll be migrating to south africa very soon Click here to enlarge
    so you can watch the aussies get thrashed in the shark tank, or newlands, or loftus ? Click here to enlarge
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is seriously phucked!!!!!! And there was a crime, the car was damaged and there was an attempt at a car jacking...The reason these guys keep doing it is because the cops keep doing nothing!!!!

I must say that my friends and I have all realised when coming back to Oz recently that it seems much more "angry" or dangerous than it used too...I still love home, but wonder whats going on back there!!!!

But then again, HK & Singapore are some of the safest places to live as an ex-pat...You really take that for granted when you live here....
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hmmm - looks like I'll be activating the autolock feature on the passat ASAP - too bad the CR-V doesnt have that as well - might check with Honda if it can be programmed into the car....
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    always do lock my doors, don't bother in this old busted pos isuzu I'm driving at the moment (I mean really how many muggers want to steal a 18 year old truck...), but in the other newer truck I do... as do I in the astra...
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information