Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: B*stard Rego!!!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    all i can say in regards to health insurance... we have had about $9k paid in medical expenses for my missus, and all we had to pay was our $250 excess...

no complaints from me... yet

hang on... this thread was about rego Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    firstly victorian rego is not all the same ... i paid $549 my friend paid 600ish for a her mini cooper turbo, she paid the same as my friend with a lancer evo. he lives in narree warren and we both live in kinglake . so work that one out. lol

the biggest killer with rego is the tac part, thats insurance . so if u end up all smashed up or break a finger in a accident ur covered.

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mzsammi Click here to enlarge
    firstly victorian rego is not all the same ... i paid $549 my friend paid 600ish for a her mini cooper turbo, she paid the same as my friend with a lancer evo. he lives in narree warren and we both live in kinglake . so work that one out. lol
    looks like its changed from the 1st july this year - metro areas is 612.30 per year for rego, country areas are 567.20

so depending on when your rego was due this year and where you live, you could possibly have 3 different amounts.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah a friend of mine pays like $300 for country rego, but yeah heard it's increasing!!!
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    if you think insurance companies are bad in terms of car/health/home insurance - have a look at what the insurance companies have done in the US with the healthcare..... I hope to God the PBS lasts forever in this country - because if we had to depend on insurance companies getting us our medications affordably here - well we wouldn't...

kirssn, no matter what you say, at the end of the day, insurance companies are a business, and a business needs to make money. Insurance companies only make money if they don't pay people out - so yeah one day I might need to make a ctp claim - but you guys will take me through the ringer before you give me the "claim successful" stamp.

We have about 2% of our account customers get billed straight to an insurance company/TAC for accident/workcover etc - those 2% of accounts give us I reckon 60% of the headaches, because you have little minions with a God complex and a red pen who reject claims left right and centre because we dared charge cost + 0.1% extra markup. I reckon if I had to deal with 100% of claims going through insurance companies (like it is in the states) my whole day would be spent writing letters about why its been charged this much and just shut the f*ck up and pay the money....

and then people wonder why I refuse to open any brand new TAC/Workcover accounts. Then they deal with it themselves and understand....

/rant
    i get what you're saying but in terms of where i work..... for CTP we distribute on behalf of a general insurer - we don't actualy sell nor deal with the claims process.... we don't make anything from CTP either.
    ~~~decisions decisions...~~~

Thread Information