Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Australia's Best Driver?

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/...018669,00.html

SIR Richard Branson is seeking an Australian to drive him around on his next visit Down Under, and the lucky winner will also accompany him on a trip to the Formula 1 Grand Prix in Singapore.

Mr Branson will hand pick the winner based on video entries uploaded to the Virgin Money website, as part of a promotion for the launch of Virgin Car Insurance in Australia.

“I am looking for someone with a great sense of humour, a real sense of adventure and, importantly a good sense of direction,” Mr Branson said.

The winner will be in for an action-packed 24 hours, with a typical day for Mr Branson including media stunts, a whirlwind of press interviews, surfing and hitting the town when the sun goes down.

“I like to have quite long days, I like to play hard as well as work hard, so it won’t all be hard work.

“We’ll have a lot of fun.”

To make sure Mr Branson feels right at home on Australian roads, the competition winner will be sitting behind the wheel of a specially designed London cab.

As a reward Mr Branson will fly the competition winner and a friend to Singapore to join him in the pits at the Formula 1 Grand Prix in September.
    Here they will get the opportunity to pick up some last minute driving tips from Jensen Button and some of the world’s best F1 drivers battle it out at Formula One’s only night time race.

Applicants must upload a 60 second video explaining why they’re the best person for the job, with the most creative entry awarded the keys to Sir Richard’s black cab.

A Virgin spokesperson says they have already received “stacks” of entries.
    Early entrants include taxi drivers, race car fanatics, and even a storm chaser.

Many praised the Virgin chairman for his successes in their videos while others were more creative, with some even rhyming in their entries.

“As for punctuality I hearby state, I’d rather have a hernia transplant than be late,” one entrant said in his video “An applicant’s ode”.

In another recent Virgin competition, 27-year-old Melbourne publicist Emma Morris has been offered a free flight to space onboard Virgin Galactic.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i want!! well the prize not the fact i have to drive branson everywhere... meeting jensons would be like a my dreams coming true.... :P
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    i want!! well the prize not the fact i have to drive branson everywhere... meeting jensons would be like a my dreams coming true.... :P
    Had that pleasure a few years back, top bloke!!

Hoping the winning hasn't got to his head this year and he's changed........
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wonder if my saffa accent will hinder my chances. or maybe i'll put on an aussie accent just for the video haha
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Thread Information