Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OpelAus Forum Regular rodsfromday's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nurb608 Click here to enlarge
    I'd tell your insurance, depending which company your with will depend if there is a further cost. If you don't tell them, they may/will void any insurance claim.

With the 30mm drop, you should still be right legally, it's not a ridiculous drop so shouldn't draw much attention.
    Click here to enlarge better keep that in mind! Thanx for that!
    2004 Astra SXi Black,Kenwood KDC-X9006U Head unit,12' RF sub,Pioneer amp,RF sunstrip,Midnight Express Tints,Eibach Pro-Kit,18" Apec ASUS + OPELISE.
    Click here to enlarge
    [/url]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you need to tell your insurance company. It's not the fact that springs will cause accidents, but it's an actual MODIFICATION. HEAPS of Insurance companys see modfications as risk, more modifications, more risk to dragging, speeding ect. I know it doesn't have anything to affect the speed of the car, but Insurance companys just generally make an assumption.
    Reason why say, Suburu WRX Car's Insurances are way more expensive in Insurance then an Holden Astra, is because people in Suburu WRX's have more accidents = more risk then say the average person who drives as Holden Astra.

Click here to enlarge
    [ My 2008 Astra GTC Coupe ]
    Mods: [ Mods Galore, check my car thread to view ]

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Didn't know that insurance had to be notified about springs....

If thats the case, would they have to be notified regarding new brake discs and calipers?
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisMarriott Click here to enlarge
    Didn't know that insurance had to be notified about springs....

If thats the case, would they have to be notified regarding new brake discs and calipers?
    Not usually, unless you want it listed. If it's not listed and they are damaged somehow in an accident or for theft, you will only get stock replacements. Always best to talk to your insurer though, they are usually reasonable, well shannons is anyway.
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nurb608 Click here to enlarge
    Not usually, unless you want it listed. If it's not listed and they are damaged somehow in an accident or for theft, you will only get stock replacements. Always best to talk to your insurer though, they are usually reasonable, well shannons is anyway.
    Yeah good point. I'll contact them tomorrow. SGIO has been really good since I've been with them.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

OpelAus Participant eslostdevil's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered AH pro-kit (418aud including DHL postage) from Irm-bitz last week. Dave is nice,and he told me that it will be delivered soon~ Im so looking forwarddddd. lolClick here to enlarge And yea, i have to talk to AAMI before I put them on my carClick here to enlarge Hopefully they wont say "no" to me~lol

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisMarriott Click here to enlarge
    Yeah good point. I'll contact them tomorrow. SGIO has been really good since I've been with them.
    Pretty sure sgio said they wouldnt insure me because of the springs...

Thread Information