Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hackstra Click here to enlarge
    300 go for it! mine cant play PS2 games is there any emulation software out that allows it on the 40gb ps3s?
    Not for PS3. It's hard wired on the 60gig

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    on the 60GB it's a combination of software and hardware that allow it to play ps2 games
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    hope new one allows ps2 games, but it wont.. or know one will buy ps2s anyhmore, cant believe they still sell them Click here to enlarge

this reminds me of the psone re-release... which had heaps of problems with overheating Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    hope new one allows ps2 games, but it wont.. or know one will buy ps2s anyhmore, cant believe they still sell them Click here to enlarge

this reminds me of the psone re-release... which had heaps of problems with overheating Click here to enlarge
    And the habit of the top not staying shut and the laser deciding to crap itself Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    The software/hardware required to play the psone and ps2 games are what cost the extra amount to bump the console up to $1k when they first came out. But it was so worth it Click here to enlarge
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    will not support ps2 games at all

ps2 has been pretty muched phased out
    we are clearing our stock to get rid of em

wont be ordering anything anymore, and manufacturers arent making or supplying bits for them.

Septemeber 3rd still stands as the release date
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisMarriott Click here to enlarge
    I can get myself an original PS3 with one controller for 300 bucks. Worth it?
    especially when you could slap it straight onto ebay with a few games and get almost $1000, yes.
    ive seen new 60gb systems sell for over $1700 on ebay!
    we paid $900 for ours, it was the only one left in target in c/town. they wanted $999 but we bargained with them.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChrisMarriott Click here to enlarge
    And the habit of the top not staying shut and the laser deciding to crap itself Click here to enlarge
    this happened on all models of ps1.
    but still nowhere as often as xbox/xbox 360 problems.

pete, thankyou for posting original post. i knew it was coming, just wasnt sure when.

haz, yeah they usually bring out a slim model when they are bringing out the next gen console. but the reason for sony doing this is to reduce costs and increase interest.
    sony has been unable to reduce costs of the bigger console because as it is they are making a loss on each console. im unsure as to whether they will make profit off this newer size etc, but i doubt it, might just be a bit cheaper.

in my opinion, this newer size makes me think of nintendo, gamecube actually. smallish looking box.
    the wii is selling huge amounts of units, and i dont think it can be denied that the wii is a "childrens" console, ie mainly childrens software.

maybe the ps3s new look is to make it look attractive to children, if you know what i mean... cute? although i dont think it looks cute lol.

ruth is looking forward to the new ratchet, and im looking forward to the new gt.

and pete, im with you...PLAY TV !!! hurry the fk up!
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    yer, we received our pos material at work today.
    pre-order now for $499 and receive a free game Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just a bit more info for chris, you can play ps1 games on the 60gb too.
    incase your wondering why in the hell anyone would want to play ps1 games,,,,
    tomb raider 1 and 2
    rage racer
    pandemonium 1 and 2

also you can transfer your ps1 and ps2 game saves from your memory cards onto your ps3.

60gb also has 4 usb slots instead of 2 like on the 40/80gb models.
    this helps when you have eyetoy/singstar/buzz plugged in while 2 or more controllers are charging.

also, 60gb is the only model that comes with sd/ms card slots, so you can put your mem card in straight from your digital cam etc and play movies, pics, music straight from the stick through your ps3.
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information