Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    OpelAus Enthusiast Keep'emRunning's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1..

Why did you take it to holden.. you really think they employ qualified auto electricians?

If you get a refund or reimbursement, or any form of positive outcome, buy a lottery ticket as it will be the luckiest day you'll ever have Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they did it on purpose mate - they probably did some dodgy work fixing the parkers, and in the process, damaged the headlight housing.
    but since u have an aftermarket headlights - they gonna milk that fact n not take any responsibility!!
    sorry to say this. but unless u have pics of "before" and "after", ur not gonna have much of a chance the dealer showing sympathy.

holden know jackshit about the astras. wat chance would they have on aftermarket components, expecially something like angel-eyes!!
    i've tinkered with the insides of my angel-eyes, n i know how delicate, tight n frustrating it is in there!! i wouldn't trust anyone else to work on it.

anywayz, hope u find some good news. fingers crossed mate.
    SOLD!! Soon to be Skoda Octavia vRS!
    Rieger Tuning Bodykit; Whiteline Rear Sway Bar; Whiteline Front Brace-Strut; Bilstein Heavyduty Strut Mounts; Koni Sports Shocks; Sports Ryder Performance Springs; DEPO Angel Eyes 5000k Xenons[/B]; Kamei Mesh Sports Grille; Hurricane Muffler; Hella FF50 Foglights; INXX Bonnet Lifters; 17x7.5" StarCorp Gunmetal 6;

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet another GMH service horror story - way too common and no wonder GMH's reputation is down the toilet these days with after sales service and support...

I can only repeat what I always say to people regarding this - GO SOMEWHERE ELSE !!!!!!!

Don't use GMH service depts. and any other registered mechanical/service place will still keep your warranty intact !

The other thing to watch out for BEK-46P is the odometer reading on your car, (TAKE NOTE OF IT AND INFORM THEM YOU'VE DONE SO) as you can almost bet your testicles that some young apprentice or other desrespectful service technician/grease monkey would've taken your car for a good 'round the block' thrashing on top of totally f#*#*#g up what you wanted done to it in the 1st place...Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    The other thing to watch out for BEK-46P is the odometer reading on your car, (TAKE NOTE OF IT AND INFORM THEM YOU'VE DONE SO) as you can almost bet your testicles that some young apprentice or other desrespectful service technician/grease monkey would've taken your car for a good 'round the block' thrashing on top of totally f#*#*#g up what you wanted done to it in the 1st place...Click here to enlarge

oh dear... am i sensing a past experience here Ange? Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Participant TheOperator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Yet another GMH service horror story - way too common and no wonder GMH's reputation is down the toilet these days with after sales service and support...

I can only repeat what I always say to people regarding this - GO SOMEWHERE ELSE !!!!!!!

Don't use GMH service depts. and any other registered mechanical/service place will still keep your warranty intact !

Wraith your so dead right!

My one and only Holden Service (car doesn't have 15k yet) was a shocker, and keep in mind i work far up the tree from the dealerships we own.

I told the Service Manager who i wanted working on my car as i knew he was the only technician in our group of companies who other technicians even say is good.

Get car back from 3K service, drivers door trim has big chip in it from a screw driver slip, paint inside door scratched, drivers door seam chipped and grease mark on leather Click here to enlarge I also routinely reset trip meter so i know if it has been test driven, 30K extra than should be Click here to enlarge

Asked who worked on it, told it was who i asked for and i tell them they are full of shit. Check the system for myself (as i am the IT Manager for our entire group of companies) and see the 1st Year apprentice worked on it and obviously damaged it and then took it for a thrashing!

Service Manager then has the hide to tell me to stop being so "Fussy" at which point it took all my patience not to one punch KO him.

Got my revenge next day when i made the GM fire his ass Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keeping your cool does not always work mate - depending on who you are dealing with, some people perceive you as being weak if you are not firm enough. I have tried keeping cool on occasions where some workshop had damaged my car and they did nothing but cause more damage. ended up cracking it.

some people are just plain stubborn and stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE

I returned the car this morning to the dealer. Not surprisingly, he denied responsibility, claiming that a break like that was impossible to make! I said clearly it's very possible as it fcking broken! They basically treated me like a dickhead telling me they didn't do it and if they could compensate me by offering me 6 months worth of free car washes! I said no thanks, I'm not interested in getting my car scratched. He then went and spoke to the controller and said they'd be willing to "plastic weld" the broken bit back to the main housing. At that point, it was as good an offer as anything so I agreed to have it done this afternoon.

UPDATE

He just called saying he can't do it today, it will tomorrow.

My blood is boiling and I am ready to call back and demand a refund and a cheque for a replacement headlight.

"got some change for the bus there brother?" Kingston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spewin mate!

6 months free car washes, what a joke! They might as well just say yeah, we are at fault but you can't prove anything so get f***ed.

I seriously doubt that demanding anything from them is gonna get you very far but I hope you can find a way to make them accountable for their f*** up cos that is unacceptable.
    Angel Eyes, Eyelids, LED Tail Lights, K&N Replacement Panel Filter, 17" Alloy Wheels, Slotted Rotors
    QFM Super X Brake Pads.

Click here to enlarge
    Mahh rahhhd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wonder if they treat astras with OPEL badges on them differently...
    Tom 08 Astra Coupe SRI 2.2 (Bunnings Tune)
    Click here to enlarge

"Forced induction" sounds like some sort of sexual assault.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    plastic weld?
    even after that, do you still want your headlight, the angeleye???there's a pain already.

go fire them!

and do not leave your car to them no more, they will make other things worse!!!
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport Alpine White
    2010 MY10 VW R36 Wagon Biscay Blue
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking|OpeliZed|Whiteline RSB|EibachProKit | Shopping Trolley

Thread Information