Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mate...dealers like that make me feel sick. I have had huge issues with Courtney & Patterson Ford & Honda Panel shop in Heidelberg - they are the most dodgy place I have ever seen and everytime they touch your car, they break shit, then say you are being too fussy. WTF!! On a brand new car as well!
    People like that piss me off majorly. Makes me feel like punching the s*** out of their lying faces.

Sorry to steal your thread - I suggest you dont take your car back there mate - from experience, they will only make it worst. Go see them, tell them how shit they are and fix yourself.

You will do a far better job - explain your situation to parts department and they may give you trade price and install the parts needed yourself.

ps: sorry just read they were A/M headlights - show them your receipt and ask them to pay you back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEK-46P Click here to enlarge
    My concern is that they may deny responsibility.

Then again, assuming they accept responsibility, I doubt they will be able to replace the headlight, as it is a/m angeleyes. What happens in this case?
    they will deny coz you've already left and ...

oh dear, the angeleye, what a pity! must be heart borken!

damn people!
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport Alpine White
    2010 MY10 VW R36 Wagon Biscay Blue
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking|OpeliZed|Whiteline RSB|EibachProKit | Shopping Trolley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoldenAstra Click here to enlarge
    they will deny coz you've already left and ...

oh dear, the angeleye, what a pity! must be heart borken!

damn people!
    If they deny, there will be hell to pay :mad3:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well as Polka said, keep your cool otherwise they will turn you away. think this through and have an answer for all their questions....better yet describe what happened so they simply have no comeback and have to accept responsibility. MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR COOL ! because im pretty sure you will get frustrated further speaking to the guys in the workshop. then you might have to go speak to the dealer principle. as long as your level headed and patient it will work out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never trust Holden with a European car.. lol :P

PS. Seriously go to the TIO or Consumer Rights Group. I've heard alot of dealer problems been sorted through these channels..

Click here to enlarge
    [ My 2008 Astra GTC Coupe ]
    Mods: [ Mods Galore, check my car thread to view ]

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    TIO wont do much... it depends on the size of the case.. they have helped me out with a few things but only small

not to sound like a broken record... but follow what everyone has said about keeping ur cool.. i can say first hand that when i deal with an arrogant customer at work, i really milk them and take my time just to inconvenience them on pure principal that its not my fault they took a damn grumpy pill, sure theyre pissed at the company, but its not ME that was at fault lol

attack it friendly, and if u have to take it further, still keep ur cool, and u may just get lucky..
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice boys. Nah, I'm a pretty cool customer and the guy that booked it in is OK.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm still concerned about how they will rectify this since they damaged an aftermarket product which is probably not available in Oz. The main beam housing is now broken and basically beyond repair, and I'm assuming the adjustment motor has been rendered useless.

So will they (a) try to locate a suitable replacement (b) try to cajole me into accepting OEM headlight (I will refuse) or (c) just compensate me with cash

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mmahle Click here to enlarge
    never trust holden with a european car.. Lol Click here to enlarge
    +1
    2006 Subaru WRX

OpelAus Enthusiast sadavidsriturbo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEK-46P Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the advice boys. Nah, I'm a pretty cool customer and the guy that booked it in is OK.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm still concerned about how they will rectify this since they damaged an aftermarket product which is probably not available in Oz. The main beam housing is now broken and basically beyond repair, and I'm assuming the adjustment motor has been rendered useless.

So will they (a) try to locate a suitable replacement (b) try to cajole me into accepting OEM headlight (I will refuse) or (c) just compensate me with cash
    If they are anything like metros port rd probably none of the above i got my car back with a screw in the tyre no battery and a broomstick holding up my engine Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Sold finally........

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you're going to install aftermarket headlights, you're much better off going to an auto electrician who has worked on euro cars before.

Thread Information