Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AfterBurner Click here to enlarge
    was looking at it from a packet collision perspective.

Yeah, prob overkill for 3 computers on a home network butt maybe he already has the modem. Cheaper to buy a small switch than a new 4 port modem.

Asus 8 port 10/100 switch for $22 from MSY - and plenty of ports for upgrading later on.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but i presume that his already Wireless modem would have a 4 port switch/rooter built-in???

What type of Modem do you currently have there PO15KA???

ps. MSY is the shit huh, if you don't mind queuing!!!
    Opelized Astra G Sri-T Silver - Mods to date --> ECU Remap - K&N Pod - 2.5" cat-back zorst w/ Hi-Flow S/S cat - Eibach 'Sportlines' - Bilstein B8's - 20" Variant rims w/ Hankook 235/35/20 rubber - Aero wipers -
    To Do's - Re-paint console, FMIC!! WASH!!!!! Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    10:30 on a non school holiday weekday is best Click here to enlarge otherwise its a write off. Click here to enlarge
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez, now I know how my girlfriend feels when i'm talking about anything car related...

You nerds! Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Better go check if my asus 8 port is working effectively with my EoP adapter which is connected to my CAT6 cable... or was that the CAT5e2000?
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden Click here to enlarge
    Geez, now I know how my girlfriend feels when i'm talking about anything car related...

Better go check if my asus 8 port is working effectively with my EoP adapter which is connected to my CAT6 cable... or was that the CAT5e2000?

Hey, it aint called "Nerds unite" for no reason...!!! Click here to enlarge
    Opelized Astra G Sri-T Silver - Mods to date --> ECU Remap - K&N Pod - 2.5" cat-back zorst w/ Hi-Flow S/S cat - Eibach 'Sportlines' - Bilstein B8's - 20" Variant rims w/ Hankook 235/35/20 rubber - Aero wipers -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brb, just gotta clean my 'coke bottles'... & the bandaid in the middle is starting to unravel too... Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden Click here to enlarge

you have a Mac

go away.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    you have a Mac

go away.

Click here to enlarge
    That's another thing i don't get... the whole PC people being anti Mac? Must be a nerd thing too?
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    already clarified, but thought i'd confirm the 100m on the cat5e patch lead Click here to enlarge.
    yes cat 6 is better, but cost vs extra distance, u'd wanna move ur pc a few m's Click here to enlarge.
    prob is but, i only really get 50m leads, well thats all we have at work neway Click here to enlarge. otherwise just make ur own.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but i presume that his already Wireless modem would have a 4 port switch/rooter built-in???

What type of Modem do you currently have there PO15KA???

Thanks to all for contributing, thank you.

i had a wireless modem a while ago but only for testing purposes and as you can figure it out it didnt work Click here to enlarge(
    i will definiately visit MSY and get myself a good quality switch Click here to enlarge)

as for EoP unfortunately this is also out of question due to the master bedroom being on a separate power circuit Click here to enlarge)

seriously, thank you all... i will update you how everything has worked out Click here to enlarge)

Thread Information