Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't buy it for the money.

Due to AWD & weight, the performance is below par.

AWD doesn't mean better handling too..

performed quite poorly in swerving maneuver test, I was quite suprised.

anyway with ESP these days, FWD can be perform as well as AWD..

in the wet AWD will have more traction, but then again the Sub won't have enough power to use the advantages of AWD..

having said that, the AWD in the WRX gives it a distinct advantage against turbo FWD vehicles.

Golf or Mazda 3 for me.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friend bought a SP25 auto with tint & aftermarket parking sensors.

$33,800 drive away.

Does the RS offer a decent automatic with more than 4 gears?

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally, for a new car, i wouldnt be looking at anything other than a Golf VI. maybe a cruze, but your wife doesnt want a sedan.
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you were up for spending the $$$$'s, I would get a 2nd hand R32 Golf V...

V6 power, AWD, VW quality and they are a great thing to drive...2nd hand they might be a little more, but remember the biggest depreciation would have already been taken by someone else...
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at a Golf VI 90TSi with DSG and the Comfort pack. That would give you similar performance and equipment to the Subaru

The impreza only has a 4 speed auto. That explains the performance/economy issues it has.
    Mazda 3 has a 5 speed, golf has a 7 speed auto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the 7 speed auto on the Golf work well or does it keep hunting for gears? Also, is it CVT or just traditional Auto?

The 118TSI Golf VI wouldnt be too bad. Have you looked at the Civic hatch? They are not too bad either...havent seen many on the road though...

Re: Silver bits....Almost every manufacturer is having those in their cars...Looks reaaaaally cheap in my opinion...WTF are they thinking?? Its like everything is being painted with cheap silver spray cans and no clear on to protect either. My mondeo XR5 has them on the exteriorClick here to enlarge.... front bumper, around the fogs and on the rear bumper. Got paint chips everywhere on them...I got them re-sprayed in 2pak silver and clear coat and they seem to get less chips now...but still, I hate silver bitsClick here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    Does the 7 speed auto on the Golf work well or does it keep hunting for gears? Also, is it CVT or just traditional Auto?
    Its a DSG - and lots of reports have said the 7 speed DSG in the new Octavia is a bit ordinary. Haven't read anything about it in the Golf. Maybe calibrated differently? (although prob not).
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah yeh..thats right...DSG! does DSG have variable gear ratios?

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Impreza is good, nice looking car, not to bad value.

If I had given up the will to live and saw a car as a means to go from A to B but still wanted something nice looking with good spec I would get a Kia Cerato and de-badge it, lots of kit for the money and they looks oh so sexy, much better than a Holden Cruise (much, much better) and cheaper than a Lancer or Impreza that both have lower spec.
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Click here to enlarge
    If I had given up the will to live and saw a car as a means to go from A to B but still wanted something nice looking with good spec I would get a Kia Cerato and de-badge it, lots of kit for the money and they looks oh so sexy, much better than a Holden Cruise (much, much better) and cheaper than a Lancer or Impreza that both have lower spec.
    I hear where you are coming from . . . just can't bring myself to buying Korean. Perhaps later in life when I can get a beige cardigan to match.
    But, you are quite right, the Cerato is very well equipped for the money, it's just that it's . . . it's . . . well it's terrible! Drive one, and you will see what I mean.
    Even the Impreza in auto was disappointing when I put the foot down. 40-60 was a bit sad, much better 60-80. Haven't had a chance (yet) to give one a decent push. This is why I am after opinions BEFORE my wife decides what she wants based on color and "looks nice". There is every chance she would like the Cerato based on looks alone, which is why we won't be stopping off at the local Kia showroom to see one!
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Thread Information