Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adelaide to Sydney

Hi all Im planning a road trip from Adelaide to Sydney if anyone is from adelaide/melbourne what is the best route between adelaide and melbourne? Great Ocean Road? any thoughts? and must see scenery along the way?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    '99 Vectra B Facelift

Mods: 4-2-1 Extractors | Hi-Flow Cat | K&N Apollo Pod Filter - Cold Air Intake | Bosch Super 4's | Imrchser Grille | Opelised | 17"G2 Rims | Pioneer DEH-P6050UB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go the Great Ocean Road, mate. From Melbourne the choice is again a pretty simple one . . . follow the coast to Sydneytown or zip up the Hume Hwy and come back home along the coast to Melbourne. Then you can re-do the GOR or short-cut through Bordertown (don't know why you would though!). GOR is probably better from Melbourne to Adelaide as there are far more stopping (looking and going oooh aaahhh!) opportunities on that side of the road.
    There's quicker ways between Adelaide/Sydney of course, but there's not a lot to see or do on the trip through Hay!
    Really depends on how much time you are allowing for driving and sight-seeing. If you can take your time, do the coast road.
    Then, of course, there's always the long way through the Alpines Sydney/Melbourne. Again, if you've never done it, the scenery is pretty amazing.
    Interior roads pretty much depends on what season you plan on travelling.

Happy motoring.
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you're driving from adelaide to sydney via melbourne... talk about the long way!!

drive between portland and melbourne is a great drive though
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh i know its the long way but you don't get to do it very often and i would like to see the 12 Apostles and the sights of the great ocean road.

thanks for the advice Click here to enlarge
    '99 Vectra B Facelift

Mods: 4-2-1 Extractors | Hi-Flow Cat | K&N Apollo Pod Filter - Cold Air Intake | Bosch Super 4's | Imrchser Grille | Opelised | 17"G2 Rims | Pioneer DEH-P6050UB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't place a lot of importance on the Apostles (there's not that many left) as there is plenty of spectacular coastline to see along the way. Best part (coming from Melbourne) in my opinion, is from Anglesea/Aireys Inlet on to Portland. Even nice driving up from Portland to Bordertown via Casterton(?) if you are into rolling rural views and pretty good cruising roads. Should be nice at the moment IF they have had any of the rain we have had during July.
    Not much between Bordertown and Adelaide, but again, the cruise from Warnambool to Adelaide via Mount Gambier and the Coorong can be nice (check out the Coorong before all that disappears along with the dying Murray - don't fortget the Aeroguard).
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tell me if this seems good.

I was considering taking the M1 out of Adelaide and link up with the A1 (Princess hwy) and follow that down to Mt Gambier. Can anyone tell me the distance in KM's Adelaide to Mt Gambier (roughly)

Once in My Gambier continue along the A1 to Portland and continue until I turn of to Great Ocean Road. Once on Great Ocean Road follow that until Torquay and take the Surf Coast Hwy and M1 into Melbourne. Can anyone tell me the distance in KM's from Portland to Torquay (roughly)

Once in melbourne take the city link /Tullarmarine (m2) north towards western ring rd then onto the Hume Hwy onto sydney Click here to enlarge
    '99 Vectra B Facelift

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GodsKnight Click here to enlarge
    tell me if this seems good.

I was considering taking the M1 out of Adelaide and link up with the A1 (Princess hwy) and follow that down to Mt Gambier. Can anyone tell me the distance in KM's Adelaide to Mt Gambier (roughly) 450km

Once in My Gambier continue along the A1 to Portland and continue until I turn of to Great Ocean Road. Once on Great Ocean Road follow that until Torquay and take the Surf Coast Hwy and M1 into Melbourne. Can anyone tell me the distance in KM's from Portland to Torquay (roughly) 355km along the coast

Once in melbourne take the city link /Tullarmarine (m2) north towards western ring rd then onto the Hume Hwy onto sydney Click here to enlarge
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With regards to Melb. - Syd. if you want sight seeing and taking time out - go along the ocean road...

If you want a straight run and get there quick - take the Hume Hwy...

Simple 2 choices Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks sooty Click here to enlarge not as far as I thought Click here to enlarge
    '99 Vectra B Facelift

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how are you getting to adelaide to begin with?
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Thread Information