Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just get yourself a 'decent' quality rear resonator/muffler replacement...

I say 'decent' because all the cheap stuff is nasty shite that will be too loud and not last very long and drone alot...

You've got to keep in mind that IL4 potters don't sound really good anyway compared to most other engine configurations, so you've got to watch out when increasing the exhaust volume on them, because with some types of muffler/resonator set ups they just end up sounding like a loud fart or simply awful...different story with a typical V6, V8, IL5 or even a boxer 4 potter...

On my turbo vert, I've got a Remus rear muffler specifically made for the TS vert with a Z20LET, the rest of the exhaust is stock and the difference is small, but noticeable, it is definitely a deeper note and only slightly louder on WOT (wide open throttle) the note is better than stock o/a and there is absolutely no droning anywhere in the rev or speed range...

Only down side is cost, all Remus products are not cheap, but in my case I wanted long life and quality as well as good looks and the Remus will give you those 3 things Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular tomburke7's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SA33DS Click here to enlarge
    Im looking at keeping stock muffler so the centre resonator....

its just a matter of getting it cut out and replacing it with a straight pipe by my muffler guy....

shouldnt cost too much but will defintly make a difference, enough to keep me happy anyway.
    The center resonator is not restrictive, pulling out will make bugger all difference. The rear muffler is restrictive - you should be thinking of giving it the flick & replacing it with a good straight through design. If you are worried about stock appearance just keep the factory rear tip.

Pulling out the rear muffler is where you'll find more ponies and better fuel consumption.
    Click here to enlarge
    Astra AH 2.2 SRI coupe, Opelised, Tints, ICE, de-restrict airbox, veccy-c pipe, K&N filter, 2.25 inch sports CAT & 2.25/2.00 inch straight through exhaust system, lowered Pedders springs, Koni shocks, Whiteline: rear sway bar; caster bushes; front camber bolts; and rear camber/toe shims, RDA slotted rotors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im pretty sure ahmad is just after some new audio-pleasure.

bro get a pod filter. Not even bullshitting. Cheap and easy lol.
    Tom 08 Astra Coupe SRI 2.2 (Bunnings Tune)
    Click here to enlarge

"Forced induction" sounds like some sort of sexual assault.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resonators ADD to sound pleasure Click here to enlarge That's essentially their role. To remove all the crap frequencies and noises from the exhausts.

You would probably find plenty of threads on here people fitting aftermarket exhausts have had to ADD a resonator due to unacceptable drones and resonances.

Thread Information