Thread: nU RidE

I'm new here, please be nice motopsychi85's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nU RidE

Gday all,
    Im from Perth and just got an 07 Astra Sri turbo.Thought id see what mods can be done to it.I love it soo far.Can anybody in Perth hook me up with sum performance parts for my new baby.Hit me back asap!
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome mate, handling and aesthetic parts are easy enough to get, as for performance, exhaust, maybe front mount, as i'm not sure of anyone in perth who's able to flash it for you.
    You could get a bluefin/dreamscience/EDS IPF and do it yourself though
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the site mate!

As sooty has already stated, handhelp mapping is your cheapest option, exhaust, FMIC, derecticted airbox, uprated turbo with injectors etc.

Handling wise, go a whiteline rear anti roll bar and maybe some eibach springs to get it sorted, or even some new shocks depending on how far you want to go
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to see another Perthian! What part are you located in mate?

As for performance mods theres a few blokes that can show you in the right direction. In the mean time check out the perth Cruise section as we've got one coming up in two weeks.

Welcome to OA.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    welcome mate

put up some pics in the members rides section!
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome mate.

As i said in another thread,
    Kabel or Mania prob the ones to talk to about performance in perth,
    cant source you parts, but can prob point you in the right direction,

both gettin quaife LSD's soon,
    kabel has eibach springs
    mania has vxr springs (from kabel lol, i believe he has another set too)
    kabel has the percy oversized airbox and piping
    kabel also has a full milltek exhaust...

cant remember what else they've done, but get onto them, Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mania also has the same airbox Click here to enlarge, just did it before the group buy. It's a mod where you replace the stock Z20LEx airbox which requires a crossover pipe, with one from a diesel which doesn't. Small guide here, search for airbox (both mods are worth doing), the tutorial is for the 2.2airbox but it's pretty much the same story.

Second mod was the whiteline rarb, I do like it but it does make the ride less comfortable unfortunately. + because we have IDS+ chassis I don't believe it's as marked a difference as from the n/a brethren, but I'd still highly recommend it.

Few interior mods later colour screen, sound (work in progress), and converting the all the interior orange smd's (behind you speedo, buttons and that) to a blue and white scheme. If you want to do any of that I can probably help you out.

As for performance mods, I have a remap (flasher cost about $1200 from Regal Autosport), kabel has an exhaust. If you're not planning on doing an exhaust for a while, you should get a precat removal pipe at least (removes your first catalytic converter which is stuck right on the turbo outlet), which makes up the largest gain you'll get from a complete exhaust. I had a panel filter, but opted to go back to paper seeing as there's no tangible benefits.. (filter's typically the lowest obstruction in your intake, after even such things as the metal mesh in front of the AFM), but if you want one there's courtenay, K+N, etc. Just make sure you don't overoil it - it may kill your AFM.

The remap adds around 15kW peak, but a heap more below peak (you can call this torque if you want) - rather then mapping the car to resemble a well-behaved n/a car, it does change it in to a bit more of a jap car in that the turbo is brought on as hard and as low as it can be. I say a bit though, because it is still very driveable, personally I think it's a good balance.

AP front brakes from Walkinshaw are currently multi-$k off what you'll import from the UK, as they're trying to liquidate them now that they're not doing Astras. $2100 not inc. fitting. And you've just missed an LSD group buy, but if you want in, speak to Nurb608, it may not be too late Click here to enlarge.

By the way, you forgot to state the colour of your car Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mania Click here to enlarge

Few interior mods later colour screen, sound (work in progress), and converting the all the interior orange smd's (behind you speedo, buttons and that) to a blue and white scheme. If you want to do any of that I can probably help you out.
    wanna help with mine mate?
    for all the buttons and stuff

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM'd.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome to the site and good luck with the mods
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Thread Information