2 Thread(s)
    ugliest car ive seen EVER!
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Red AH SRI T Click here to enlarge
    the new MPS is FUGLY! Just look at this pic

Click here to enlarge

How much plastic do they wanna whack on the front of it?

VILE!

HIDEOUS!!

*VOMIT*
    That is very awkward angle and it does make it look very ungainly...suppose even with a totally good looking car, you'd be able to find an angle that'd make it look not so good, like I've done on many an occaision with my Calibra Click here to enlarge

From many other different frontal viewpoints it looks alot better, check out some of the pics in the links on the previous pages and in real life it's not that bad Click here to enlarge

I'm starting to see more and more new Mazda 3's on the road each week, so I think it's fair to say it's new looks have been recieved well...the SP25 sedan is a real good looker IMO Click here to enlarge

With regards to this new MPS 3 each to their own, like it or not, no one could dispute that it's one very good to excellent overall piece of kit, at a very good to excellent driveaway price (on my 2nd check out visit yesterday, I was able to get $45,900 driveaway for the full spec luxury model after only 5 minutes of negotiating) lets see anyone try and get anywhere close to that for a full spec new Mk6 GTi when it comes out or the dreamers that still think they'll get an RS Focus for anywhere under 60k driveaway and that's ' if ' it ever comes here...as far as I'm concerned if I were to go to that price point, I wouldn't even look at an RS Focus, for that coin I'd seriously consider an Sti or Evo, both overshadow the RS Focus and both have heaps more potential in terms of performance if that's what the main consideration is in that category...

IMHO the only other hot hatch out there that's worth considering against the MPS 3 is the XR5T Focus at 42k driveaway, but which was available not long ago at just $32,900-$33,200 driveaway - none left now at that deal (maybe Ford will do it again ??) at that price it was the best thing going in our local hot hatch World...

I'll bet that if anyone here actually went to look at an MPS 3 in the flesh and even check it out all over they'd see it isn't that bad at all, take it for a drive and it'll leave you thinking twice about whether or not to buy one, I guarantee you as I found out yesterday, it is a very tempting car...Click here to enlarge

It's no Audi S3 that's for sure, but at a fraction of the comparison new car cost it shines, sorry but I just ain't interested in someone elses ex thrashed S/H 1 or 2 year old Audi S3 or whatever else, if I was buying that sort of car, I'd want it brand new and an S3 at 72k or more just dosn't cut it at all for me, nor would any hatch/station wagon for that kind of money, a sleek coupe different story...Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry I can't refrain from posting any longer... imo, in all variants, it's amongst the worst looking cars on the road. It's selling well - but much like the Nissan Micra, I'll never understand why/how. I can only put it down to handbag appeal, or some other factor that I just don't get.

Technically, I'm sure it's a brilliant car. Price/performance likewise. But I just don't get it..

Btw, on trying to find more pictures of the mps to form my judgement (I've only seen one in the wild), I stumbled across this:

Click here to enlarge

I almost prefer it Click here to enlarge

Each to their own though Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i preffer it lol

ya only know it looks like a sad face this way because you know its a parody to the original, but i bet if they released it that way you wouldnt notice it as much Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, looking at more pics, I think I have to say it's only the red that I absolutely detest. It seems to bring the smile out. Silver on the first page actually hides it reasonably well think..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mania Click here to enlarge
    Actually, looking at more pics, I think I have to say it's only the red that I absolutely detest. It seems to bring the smile out. Silver on the first page actually hides it reasonably well think..
    That's correct...I too thought the same thing after seeing the 1st one in the metal earlier this year at the int. motor show, it was in the winning red colour and made me lose interest as well, very different story with the other 3 colours on offer Click here to enlarge

You have to see them in the metal for an accurate picture, but it does depend alot on the colour of this thing, I've seen one in black and both the smiley front and bonnet intake are almost hidden in that colour...

In aluminium silver it blends in well, in celestial blue it stands out but looks nicer than the winning red duco...

That photochop above with reverse smile reminds me a bit of a new Fiestas LOL...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha it does actually!

Your thoughts on colours sound the same to mine. If it was only released in Black, nobody would have noticed it. Just like how I didn't notice that Peugoets look like Baleen smiles until I saw a new mazda 3 in red. White and Blue both show it quite a lot, but it's not as car-breaking as in red. Silver is the go I think Click here to enlarge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rofl at the frowning Click here to enlarge MPS3! hahaha that's gold Click here to enlarge
    the styling is definitely polarising. personally, if i wasn't getting a bit sick of powerful front drivers, i'd buy it solely for the bang-for-buck performance and not for the looks...it's not a bloody handbag after all. plus you can't see the outside of the car when you are driving it!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lithium Click here to enlarge
    it's not a bloody handbag after all. plus you can't see the outside of the car when you are driving it!
    But you can see the hideous 1980s inspired red trim Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    gimme a ralliart sportback for cheaper anyday or a xr5 or a gti for that little bit more over this! (if your spending that much money on a brand new car you dont want a car you can drive and go "geez i look like a tard in this smiling peice of plastic"

only positive i can think of it is the fact it will be most commonwhore drivers that will bag you out for it and well, all they will see of this car is the boot and its the back of the car that is hot! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information