Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: New MPS 3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Neeko Click here to enlarge
    This thing would already have quite impressive in gear acceleration as is.Click here to enlarge
    It does...

Did you read the part in that literature which states Mazdas claim that in gear acceleration from 80-120km/h in 3rd, 4th and 5th is quicker than a Porker 911 or M3 Click here to enlarge

And who could resist adding to that as nearly all of us do with a least a software upgrade Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Neeko Click here to enlarge
    where are those ratings from?
    Read the long article in my post above Neeko, it's a Carsales.com.au review, authors name is there... Click here to enlarge

Interesting how he states one of the things he liked = "so much power and torque"

Then one of the things disliked = "too much power and torque" LOL Click here to enlarge

Must be that ever talked about torque steer issue...I think we all know that in at least 90% of everyday driving conditions, it won't be a problem (we can all relate to it in 'some' ways with our turbo Astras) most of the time on roads is spent driving in a straight line and not taking corners like your on a race track...review above does state that it seems to handle well at the limit which on public roads you'd never reach anyway Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    Overall rating: 3.0/5.0
    Engine/Drivetrain/Chassis: 4.0/5.0
    Price, Packaging and Practicality: 3.0/5.0
    Safety: 3.0/5.0
    Behind the wheel: 4.0/5.0
    X-factor: 3.0/5.0

3 out of 5 is not a very good overall rating at all.... I don't really think Mazda "get" performance cars. All current ones (MPS6, MPS3, RX8) have all seemed to missed the mark in at least one important area. Even with the MX5 they have been dishing up the same meal for the last 20yrs and have never really ever gave it any serious performance.
    I think and I do say 'I think' Mazda are leaving that (ie. the 'get' part)to a new future RX7 Click here to enlarge

Anybody can think what they want of the above offerings from Mazda, I agree they ain't epic, but they do offer good to very good substance and value for money o/a and do have 'some' class leading points in all of the above mentioned models...they are far from next to useless...

They are certainly more than competitive to anything we have from Opel/GMH...Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Inext to useless...

They are certainly more than competitive to anything we have from Opel/GMH...Click here to enlarge
    Some of GMs products

Chevy Cobalt SS > MPS3
    Solstice turbo > MX5. It was even outselling the MX5 NC in the USA. Click here to enlarge

new RX7? lol.... how many times has that been reported on. Nissan are on the 2nd gen 370Z and still nothing from Mazda.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    **** yeah
    Make me a sandwich.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not massive on it, but i sspose it takes a while for cars to "grow on me" EG: 2008 WRX. The aluminium colour is very different, looks like they forgot to paint it. I'll check back in here in 2 months and it'll have grown on me for sure
    "Grown men shouldn't have to buy other grown men birthday gifts unless they're f***ing" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
    Click here to enlarge
    MY06 Subaru Impreza WRX; 2.5" Magnaflow Diff Back, Whiteline 22mm Adj. R.S.B, H&R Sport Springs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still has ridiculously ugly lines imo
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by btm Click here to enlarge
    still has ridiculously ugly lines imo
    Yeah true, bit 'out there'. But i sspose the same could be said about the new integra
    "Grown men shouldn't have to buy other grown men birthday gifts unless they're f***ing" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
    Click here to enlarge
    MY06 Subaru Impreza WRX; 2.5" Magnaflow Diff Back, Whiteline 22mm Adj. R.S.B, H&R Sport Springs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    Some of GMs products

Chevy Cobalt SS > MPS3
    Solstice turbo > MX5. It was even outselling the MX5 NC in the USA. Click here to enlarge

new RX7? lol.... how many times has that been reported on. Nissan are on the 2nd gen 370Z and still nothing from Mazda.
    Ah yes, but where are those cars in Oz. ???

I should have been more specific, Opel/GMH cars available to us here Click here to enlarge

BTW Chevy Cobalt IMHO = plain/boring to look at, just my opinion...excellent running gear though...

I too wouldn't hold my breath on a new RX7, but never say never...Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hackstra Click here to enlarge
    I'm not massive on it, but i sspose it takes a while for cars to "grow on me" EG: 2008 WRX. The aluminium colour is very different, looks like they forgot to paint it. I'll check back in here in 2 months and it'll have grown on me for sure
    You need to see it in the flesh...it does look bland in pics Click here to enlarge

When I checked it out last weekend, it was both in overcast and under sunlight conditions - looked great in the shade and when the sun hit it, the metallic flakes really stood out, very nice colour Click here to enlarge

Don't think there's any middle ground with the new Mazda 3 range design, you either like it or not...the front end still dosn't sit well with me, although it is growing on me depending on the colour of the car...

What I like about this new MPS3 is the total value for money package you get, it's packed with features/kit and performance and is at a decent quality level for a very competitive ask price Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information