bloody hell different car!
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX | Forged Build | Build Thread
    Forged Build 12.23s @ 182km/h& The Run

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Working now, looks good, although I have to say, I'm actually quite liking it in black
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge
    now thats a hardcore mazda fan!!!
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just a suggestion for those who are looking for a turbo 4cyl with awd, try the ralliart lancer. looks hot, especially the front end, and ive heard they can be had for $40k.
    10yr warranty on drivetrain, and 5yr warranty on everything else,
    roomier than most if not all other competitors, and all models in the lancer range come bulging with features. ESP stock even on the lowest model, just to mention only one of a multitude of stock features.
    if it was in my budget range id be very seriously looking at one. but hopefully ill have a nice shiny white vrx in my driveway soon. 2 days till the astra is paid off Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ralliart lancer prob has the worst lag out of them... smaller engine, med turbo and heavy. offset that with DSG.

Surprised that the wrx has a lag prob being 2.5L.

I think the 5 speed transmission also reduces response.

At what rev does the wrx start making usable torque/boost? 2,500, 3,000?

Can lag be reduced with an ECU tune?

I like the MPS3, however FWD is a neg.

OpelAus Participant TheOperator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow talk about bringing back the dead Click here to enlarge

Glad to read someone went and test drove a MPS instead of being a keyboard warrior and then went back to back with the WRX Click here to enlarge

Also glad the conclusion was as i knew it was, the MPS is a better car Click here to enlarge Still surprised i'm the only one that actually handed the cash over for one Click here to enlarge

I also noted that posters keep referring to AWD as a great advantage of the Subaru! I can promise you in stock form it is not even close to the handling of the MPS, you can push hard into corners and it will let go and understeer poorly well before you can manage to get the MPS to let go Click here to enlarge

I found at a recent drive day at Oran Park i got to drive a MPS luxury and MY10 WRX back to back and i could lap consistently 1.2 seconds a lap quicker in MPS than WRX over 10 lap stints. I am not saying i'm Michael Schumacher but this seemed to be the consistent result with all drivers that had previous racing or track experience!

Off topic but surprise of day was one of my best mates recently finished VE HSV GTS with every Walkinshaw option but on standard 20's for track. Never thought i would ever say this, it was pretty decent (can't bring myself to say it was good Click here to enlarge) and he was giving some German saloons a big hurry up or ass whipping in some cases Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    Longer term, and yes, my next car will almost certainly be of the performance petrol variety.
    AAAAALELULIA Click here to enlarge

Sounds good Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dug74 Click here to enlarge
    Well you could always do what a member on our forum did...

Bought a new black 3MPS and did a complete respray Click here to enlarge

BEFORE:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

AFTER:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I know i hate the new 3MPS....but if they had a white one...i would be signing up tomorrow.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Bloody hell...

I mean what a terrific amount of bother/work and expense to go through...

Good on him, but I'm no where near that keen, if Mazda don't bring them in - in white and I still want one, I'll just settle on one of the available 4 colours...love the aluminium silver, but as more and more time goes by the red is growing on me, don't fancy the blue at all and the black would be a nightmare to maintain and keep clean, so that colour's definitely out of the equation for me...

White definitely looks the best in pics and real life too (as can be seen here from other variants) why Mazda Aust. elected to not bring in the white colour option for the MPS 3 is beyond me...every dealer I've enquired with has told me they've had numerous enquiries/requests for white, hopefully they'll do something about it !
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please don't get the red =/. Go silver.

Is boggling about the white though - obviously huge demand for it if people are painting their own 0km cars.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ASTRAY Click here to enlarge
    just a suggestion for those who are looking for a turbo 4cyl with awd, try the ralliart lancer. looks hot, especially the front end, and ive heard they can be had for $40k.
    10yr warranty on drivetrain, and 5yr warranty on everything else,
    roomier than most if not all other competitors, and all models in the lancer range come bulging with features. ESP stock even on the lowest model, just to mention only one of a multitude of stock features.
    if it was in my budget range id be very seriously looking at one. but hopefully ill have a nice shiny white vrx in my driveway soon. 2 days till the astra is paid off Click here to enlarge
    Absolutely totally agree !!!

I've given you advice to Astray for a new car Click here to enlarge

My shortlist for a new vehicle in the '40-45k' price range is down to these 2, the MPS3 and Ralliart - damn tough choice and IMHO far better o/a than any other choices in that price range...still hanging waiting to see if VW Aust. are going to bring in the top spec Scirocco next year...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    The ralliart lancer prob has the worst lag out of them... smaller engine, med turbo and heavy. offset that with DSG.

Surprised that the wrx has a lag prob being 2.5L.

I think the 5 speed transmission also reduces response.

At what rev does the wrx start making usable torque/boost? 2,500, 3,000?

Can lag be reduced with an ECU tune?

I like the MPS3, however FWD is a neg.
    John, you need to drive the above vehicles for a better clue...

Ralliart = lag ??? please drive one and then come back here and tell us what you think, especially if it's equipped with the SST trans Click here to enlarge

0-100km/h It'll blow the doors off the MPS3, MK6 Gti and anything else in this segment, except for the MY09 WRX ! but you'll have to clutch bomb the latter to do it...most mag tests have it at 6.2secs - I can tell you it feels even quicker than that and as you'd probably guess, tuning on this vehicle will turn it into a real cracker, it has 'exactly' the same MIVEC engine spec as the Evo 10, only a smaller single scroll turbo, further restricted exhaust and obviously ecu tune to suit Click here to enlarge

The SST in the Mitsus is IMHO even better than the VW DSG !

Current MY09 WRX suffers from lag because it is now equipped with the much bigger turbo of the current STI which = lag down low ! it starts to go strong from above 3,500rpm...

All WRX's become more responsive with a tune Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wraith,

I don't have the time, nor want to waste the dealers to test drive every car out there. Especially when I don't intend to purchase a car.

I'm going on magazine reports, but the ralliart doesn't seem rate very highly against the GTI, wrx & MPS3, especially on handling.

ralliart comes in SST only.

having said that, I'd take an evo x thank you very much.

wrx- boost comes on at 3,500rpm? crazy in this day and age.

Thread Information