Thread: New MPS 3

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    yeah..it will feel like sand paper under your arse..HAHA

LOL - do you drive around with no pants on?? Truck drivers would have interesting view!! Click here to enlarge
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    LOL - do you drive around with no pants on?? Truck drivers would have interesting view!! Click here to enlarge
    I love driving in the nude.....Click here to enlarge..should get one of those pirelli GTi for extra comfort, massage and an orgasmic driveClick here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mizled_SRi-T Click here to enlarge
    Have you sat in and/or felt the trim on the Pirelli? It's umm... interesting
    That's a good question...

Has anyone actually checked out and/or driven the Pirelli Gti ?? I'm interested in the feel and o/a ergonomics of those seats...

Just from a visual picture perspective, to me they 'look' not so comfortable (ie the surface) and the end look is bit weird to me, not being biased just going by my impressions from the pics - as always need to check out the actual thing in real life to make an accurate assessment and comments...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dug74 Click here to enlarge
    I seriously like the drive and gear stick position of the new 3MPS.

Colours...well a little boring.

Im bias towards the MPS tho...being an owner of MPS forum Click here to enlarge

Mazda didnt point the sales towards current MPS owners, but they did listen to what previous MPS owners liked and disliked about the old model.

Many drivers were turned off by the brutal boost on acceleration and torque steer, both I love about the car.

The car is more refined to accomodate for the general public = more sales.
    Many ppl wanted the MPS to stand out instead of being a normal 3 with big wheels and a spoiler.

I think the *in ya face* sporty look has attracted a lot of attention and would explain why since its release on 21st July 2009...its sold 53 cars in 10 days.

I would buy one....in white...but its not worth my time or money as it has the same performance with a few adjustments.

I will be looking at the new Renaultsport Megane R250 as my new car.

I also dont know why ppl bag the Mazda, as for a japanese car its up there with the euros for trim, build and its more reliable.

Each to their own, but things will only get better for Mazda as the MPS model progresses...it took Evo and STi....4 or 5 gen models to become good....mazda has almost done it in 2 gen....well we wait and see what the 3rd gen is like....2014 maybe

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    All fair comments Dug...

I think alot of people here forget or don't want to believe the simple truth about the reliability aspect as you've mentioned above which applies to most Japanese cars and is a very important consideration when choosing a new vehicle...

However don't know about going for a new MPS3 in white...the main complaint of this new Mazda 3 (all variants) has been that front end styling, both from pics I've seen and from seeing/checking out SP25's in the metal in the white duco, that front stands out more on the white than on any other colour IMHO...

I've now seen all of the range in all of the colours in the metal and IMHO my conclusion is that 4 colours do a good job of masking or making the front end less prominent (if that's what someone wanted) they are black, dark grey (can't remember the name of that colour) indigo blue and aluminium silver...in fact with both the black and dark grey, the front end dosn't stand out that much at all...

All that aside I don't think too many people have any complaints about the look of the new Mazda 3 hatch or sedan side on or rear profiles, in fact from some angles it can look quite hot Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    I think alot of people here forget or don't want to believe the simple truth about the reliability aspect as you've mentioned above which applies to most Japanese cars and is a very important consideration when choosing a new vehicle...
    Have you forgotten Ange that the reliability of a car is directly proportional with the amount of soft feel plastic they use in an interior. Jap cars which have a tendency to use more brittle plastics (Subaru Impreza is a good example) must therefore be completely inferior. Click here to enlarge
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    Have you forgotten Ange that the reliability of a car is directly proportional with the amount of soft feel plastic they use in an interior. Jap cars which have a tendency to use more brittle plastics (Subaru Impreza is a good example) must therefore be completely inferior. Click here to enlarge
    Actually yes, I've forgotten that's the main 'judgement tool' used by many to gauge vehicle reliability amongst other things LOL Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good question...

Has anyone actually checked out and/or driven the Pirelli Gti ?? I'm interested in the feel and o/a ergonomics of those seats...

Just from a visual picture perspective, to me they 'look' not so comfortable (ie the surface) and the end look is bit weird to me, not being biased just going by my impressions from the pics - as always need to check out the actual thing in real life to make an accurate assessment and comments...
    I've only sat in the Pirelli. The seat trim is very similar to the FPV trim... it felt like pleather (a combination of plasticky leather). How will it age... don't know. Did it look dated... yes. Did it feel 'premium'... no. Just my opinion though
    2006 Subaru WRX

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mizled_SRi-T Click here to enlarge
    I've only sat in the Pirelli. The seat trim is very similar to the FPV trim... it felt like pleather (a combination of plasticky leather). How will it age... don't know. Did it look dated... yes. Did it feel 'premium'... no. Just my opinion though
    Thanks for that run down Miz.

What you've described above is pretty spot to what I've already written on the feel I got from looking at those pics...interesting

Also interesting as previously mentioned how some find that interior more attractive just from a visual perspective than that of the new MPS3...I'm still of the complete opposite opinion, just shows how varied and different tastes we all have Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also interesting as previously mentioned how some find that interior more attractive just from a visual perspective than that of the new MPS3...I'm still of the complete opposite opinion, just shows how varied and different tastes we all have Click here to enlarge
    The Pirelli edition is the MK 5 Golf. We are talking about the new Mk VI GTI. And judging by the look/feel of a new Mk 6 golf interior I can guarantee it will have a much higher quality feel than the MPS3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    The Pirelli edition is the MK 5 Golf. We are talking about the new Mk VI GTI. And judging by the look/feel of a new Mk 6 golf interior I can guarantee it will have a much higher quality feel than the MPS3.
    what the use of having quality feel interior when the exterior looks dated??

Thread Information