Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New MPS 3

OpelAus Participant TheOperator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New MPS 3

So who has seen it in the flesh, driven and / or laid down the cash for one? What's your opinion on it?

First one arrived last Friday (i work for a company that owns tons of dealerships across most brands among other things) and have to say it is nice Click here to enlarge

Drove it and is a massive leap forward over the old model, it's like night and day the difference Click here to enlarge

I already had the option on the first one we got months ago as long as my Mrs liked it (as it is meant to be hers Click here to enlarge)! Drives it in next day or so, so hopefully have it next week at latest Click here to enlarge

If not may have to consider letting go of my 09 SRI -T which i didn't want to do so have to think hard Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sat in a new black one at a dealership recently. Thought I may as well have a look. This one had the bose and xenons

I'm sick of people going on about the front 'mouth'. On the base models it's a little over the top, but on the MPS I think it looks ok

I'd have to drive it to really say any more, but it all just seemed 'ok'. Nothing was really bad about it, other than the red/black plastic in and around the cabin; i thought those days were over!!
    2006 Subaru WRX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do they still have the top mount, or have they moved for a front mount now?

i dont mind the new shape actually not bad, but it aint no SSS that is for sure LOL....

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSS_Hoon Click here to enlarge
    do they still have the top mount, or have they moved for a front mount now?

i dont mind the new shape actually not bad, but it aint no SSS that is for sure LOL....

SSS_Hoon
    top mount Click here to enlarge
    definitely aint a barina either Click here to enlarge
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX | Forged Build | Build Thread
    Forged Build 12.23s @ 182km/h& The Run

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah top mount, hence the scoop now rather than just a "power hump" Click here to enlarge

Also has flared out guards and bigger rear wing than before!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like the the stock 3's come with Sat nav.....I felt like a doosh with my portable one, haha although he probably did too after i hosed him at the lights Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TheOperator Click here to enlarge
    So who has seen it in the flesh, driven and / or laid down the cash for one? What's your opinion on it?

First one arrived last Friday (i work for a company that owns tons of dealerships across most brands among other things) and have to say it is nice Click here to enlarge

Drove it and is a massive leap forward over the old model, it's like night and day the difference Click here to enlarge

I already had the option on the first one we got months ago as long as my Mrs liked it (as it is meant to be hers Click here to enlarge)! Drives it in next day or so, so hopefully have it next week at latest Click here to enlarge

If not may have to consider letting go of my 09 SRI -T which i didn't want to do so have to think hard Click here to enlarge
    Funny you brought this thread up again...

I was actually at Mazda in Brighton last Sunday checking it out Click here to enlarge

They have 2, one in 'winning red' and the other in 'aluminium silver' - must say the aluminium silver colour looks HOT !!!

I love the standard features/kit on the car, it is the only Mazda 3 variant fitted with a smart keyless entry system and push button start...

I've booked in for a test drive in the coming weeks as soon as they get a spare demo in Click here to enlarge

O/A I'm still uncertain on the external looks but it is growing on me especially in the above mentioned colour Click here to enlarge agree with Miz. on the red/black interior trim - looks a bit naff, but not really a total turn off...

I'm curious as to how well it drives, as I'm familiar with the previous model...ask price is still a little high IMO for the luxury pack variant...

I believe Imay is also looking at one Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i test drove one on the weekend... all i can say is WOW!!! Its a great car to drive... very refined and rounded compared to the older MPS. However, the older MPS had a rawness about it which was fantastic and the forgettable "sleeper" looks. The new MPS3 drives a lot better with taller gear ratios and handles pretty well, but is missing that edge the older model had.

The seating and ergonomics of the interior are IMO better than the previous model. Im not a huge fan of the red/black interior, but works well with the overall shape and colour of the car (the demo car was aluminium). The push button start and keyless entry features are pretty sweet too!

O/A, its an impressive package. Price "seems" to be high, however it is still cheaper than the older model when IT first came out...
    ex. ~2.5L V6 Vectra~
    ex. ~matte black '07 Honda VTR 250~
    current ~phantom black '11 Triumph Street Triple R~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you should mention the aluminium colour, thats the colour i'm hopefully getting all going to plan, i think it looks awesome Click here to enlarge

The drive if you are familiar is to me anyway a combination of RX8 and old MPS in other ways.

It does everything the RX8 does well as in handles very neutral until finding close the limit (which i will say is at stupid speeds) while having the brutal turbo rush of old without really torque steering. In fact the power delivery doesn't seem quite as brutal but a glance at the speedo will show its still just as rapid.

I'm going to make a big claim, but for me this is a much better allround vehicle than the GOLF GTi and R32 for less money.

My personal opinion with the model MPS is that i wouldnt waste my money on the luxury as the main differences before just aren't there now (i.e full leather v cloth trim, bose sound system v one that is still impressive for factory).

I'd spend my money on upgrades to performance and stance rather than 4K retail for luxury.

Lastly if the dealers want to make a sale keep this in mind, the base MPS costs them $33239 ex GST (i will keep holdback to myself so they make a bit Click here to enlarge)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the new MPS is quicker than the previous model (albeit not by much), but as you say, the older model did feel quicker!!

Oh and Aluminium is my fav colour too Click here to enlarge (out of the available colours)! I just wish Mazda brought them here in white!
    ex. ~2.5L V6 Vectra~
    ex. ~matte black '07 Honda VTR 250~
    current ~phantom black '11 Triumph Street Triple R~

Thread Information