Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rant!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    whats this vat stuff? i know its tax but what is it like an importing tax??

//offtopic
    VAT is the European GST. i think if we buy parts from Europe we can get the parts VAT exempt Click here to enlarge instead we pay our local GST on arrival if the value of the parts is large enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lithium Click here to enlarge
    yes autovaux and the UK dealers are cheap but be careful because not all the parts are genuine. i recently purchased parts for my upcoming timing belt change and wanted all genuine parts...i could source a GM timing belt kit from the UK for half of Holdens price but i could not find someone who sold a genuine water pump, so had to buy one off Holden

there's nothing worse than putting in a cheapie pump then having it start rattling 1000km after the belt change, and needing to take it all apart again!

If you buy it off Vauxhall, I dont see why they wouldnt be genuine?
    Last edited by USC; 3rd August 2009 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes autovaux and the UK dealers are cheap but be careful because not all the parts are genuine. i recently purchased parts for my upcoming timing belt change and wanted all genuine parts...i could source a GM timing belt kit from the UK for half of Holdens price but i could not find someone who sold a genuine water pump, so had to buy one off Holden
    Everything i ever bought from them came in a GM bag or box, with corresponding gm part numbers. That included my timing belt kit complete with water pump for a Z20let...
    Subaru MY08 STi - Alpine white :whistle:
    Hammond to Clarkson: "if the STi is faster your gonna look like such a knob!"

209kw at all 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's nothing worse than putting in a cheapie pump then having it start rattling 1000km after the belt change, and needing to take it all apart again!
    This is true, some of the parts I've bought from them have not been genuine. Aux belt, rocker cover gasket are some that come to mind, I'm sure there's a few others. The water pump I ordered was genuine though Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by daiflu Click here to enlarge
    This is true, some of the parts I've bought from them have not been genuine. Aux belt, rocker cover gasket are some that come to mind, I'm sure there's a few others. The water pump I ordered was genuine though Click here to enlarge

i ordered my timing belt
    and the kit that arrive was made by Gates, who originally made the kit for holden/vaux in the first place Click here to enlarge

Im pretty sure they send the same stock that vauxhall workshops use over there, not just some dodgy yumcha shit
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2002_XC Click here to enlarge
    starfish bed hog Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the so called non-genuine parts will be sourced directly from the OEM supplier .. so while it might not come in a GM bag it'll be the same part - probably cheaper since it didn't go anywhere near GM Click here to enlarge
    '02 Astra 2.2 SRi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    If you buy it off Vauxhall, I dont see why they wouldnt be genuine?
    autovaux is not vauxhall Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by daaaaavek Click here to enlarge
    Some of the so called non-genuine parts will be sourced directly from the OEM supplier .. so while it might not come in a GM bag it'll be the same part - probably cheaper since it didn't go anywhere near GM Click here to enlarge
    yes, some are from OEM suppliers which are equivalent to GM boxed - in fact my current coil pack is a Sagem which is the OEM supplier to GM.

my overall point (not directly addressed to davek btw!) is that some non-genuine parts are not from OEM suppliers and its up to you whether you trust their quality. for something like a drive belt i'd be happy with non-OEM, but not a timing belt

shame, i didn't find the geninue water pump on the autovaux website...i'll have to make sure i actually give them a call to check next time Click here to enlarge

Thread Information