I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 ts astra cd tacho not working,

So,now my Tacho not workin after many issues have been rectified including
    Abs tc lights coming on and speedo clocks stopped
    Pclip test showed hub needed changing so did that myself and changed all cables checked connections ect reset with scan tool and still there, so changed abs control module all good no more problems till recently did rocker cover gasket and inlet manifold clean then car ran perfect except no tacho now? Have had dash pod out numerous times so am aware of potential bad connects / grounds and have checked all obvious things and comes up fine... have also changed cam and crank sensors from working cars to no effect? Thinking gotta be ecu? If so can a second hand ecu xfrom wreckers go strait in if, and i say if? I get ecu immobiliser reader and contol unit and the rfid tag from the key, will it all just clip in and start?
    Have done everything myself up to now with no problems but not sure how to test ecu with multimeter for faults, andwith no shortage of second hand parts available to me, not sure how to proceed from here any help appreciated massively!,
    2000 ts cd astra manual x18ze
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tried swapping in a new cluster?
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah put a new one in ( wreckers sourced ) but no change.. getting little bumps on the speedo where the needle will jump or drop over bumps in da road, but other than no tacho, its exactly the same as before!! thinking bout it am not sure if i hahve the right globes / fuses in the display? r they volt / amp specific? ie less volts /amps limited functionality p codes coming up! alternatively would too much also fry the clocks or cause errors?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you end up finding what the problem was? Mine is doing the same thing

Thread Information