View Poll Results: What kind of engine oil are you using?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shell

6 4.92%
  • Castrol

41 33.61%
  • Nulon

14 11.48%
  • Mobil

19 15.57%
  • Penrite

19 15.57%
  • Home Brand

0 0%
  • Car manufacturer specific Oil

4 3.28%
  • Other

19 15.57%

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Raisin Click here to enlarge
    So why the change down the line then? Only things I've been able to find on overfilling was as a field remedy for noises from the box. Both my service manuals specify 1.75 liters filling quantity for the F23. And on the electronic one, none of the bulletins indicate a change for the F23.
    Yep, TIS states a field remedy for noisy F23 gearboxes by filling it up to 2.35 litres. If your car has been subject to this remedy, your gearbox oil filler bolt is supposed to be marked yellow. Having said that, I would assume that this being issued as a field remedy would make it peace of mind to fill up the gearbox with the full 2.35 litre capacity, so even if your gearbox isn't noisy, it'll be at least on the safe side of things.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Yep, TIS states a field remedy for noisy F23 gearboxes by filling it up to 2.35 litres. If your car has been subject to this remedy, your gearbox oil filler bolt is supposed to be marked yellow. Having said that, I would assume that this being issued as a field remedy would make it peace of mind to fill up the gearbox with the full 2.35 litre capacity, so even if your gearbox isn't noisy, it'll be at least on the safe side of things.
    Gotcha, that is what I had read too. Mine doesn't have a yellow marking, but that doesn't surprise me with this car.

Thread Information