Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by darkirv Click here to enlarge
    had no intentions of buying a chip just a random ebay search Click here to enlarge
    That's fair enough Click here to enlarge

I suppose to answer your initial question, based on power increase claim and cost, looks like the answer is no - this isn't a bull**** performance chip...

But of course unless you can speak to someone who's actually tried one, don't hold me to that LOL because if it dosn't work at all we're not to know...Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His feedback seems good enough; we'll see what Matt has to say I reckon.
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

OpelAus Forum Regular tomburke7's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by darkirv Click here to enlarge
    Is this another one of those Bull**** Perforamce Chips?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OPEL-VAUXHALL-...27175003r39317
    It looks like it just dials in more ignition advance. Stock Astra is tuned for 91 octane budget fuel. If you run the good stuff, 98 octane, then you can crank in a heap more advance. Expect about a 10% improvement in peak power, and nice part throttle gains, but don't even dream of ever feeding your baby anything less than 98 octane fuel...
    Click here to enlarge
    Astra AH 2.2 SRI coupe, Opelised, Tints, ICE, de-restrict airbox, veccy-c pipe, K&N filter, 2.25 inch sports CAT & 2.25/2.00 inch straight through exhaust system, lowered Pedders springs, Koni shocks, Whiteline: rear sway bar; caster bushes; front camber bolts; and rear camber/toe shims, RDA slotted rotors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the chip looks like they have desoldered it from a standard memory stick and put a sticker on it...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tomburke7 Click here to enlarge
    It looks like it just dials in more ignition advance. Stock Astra is tuned for 91 octane budget fuel. If you run the good stuff, 98 octane, then you can crank in a heap more advance. Expect about a 10% improvement in peak power, and nice part throttle gains, but don't even dream of ever feeding your baby anything less than 98 octane fuel...
    That's the case for ANY remap or chipped up jobbie from ANY supplier - they always state to use 98 proof Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ROCCO Click here to enlarge
    the chip looks like they have desoldered it from a standard memory stick and put a sticker on it...
    Could very well be a reprogrammed stock chip ??

I've seen some of the 'swap over' chips used by PowerChip and it's the same thing...don't know if they buy them from a supplier or reprogramme 'handed in' chip sets ??
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information