Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ISP Recommendations

OK so ive cracked it at the fact ive wanted to download heaps of crap this week and i was limited on Tuesday to 64/384 Click here to enlarge how annoying is it to see your upload quicker than your download lol

thats made me wanna change internet providers lol...

Currently.. im with iiNet. The connection im running is:

Home 5 - ADSL 8000/384
    10GB Peak (12pm - 2am)
    20GB Off Peak (2am - 12pm)
    Uploads are not counted in monthly quota
    $79.95/mo

Now before you all go Click here to enlarge he is paying THAT much?! DSL8000 doesnt come cheap and since ADSL2+ is not available in my area (unless u wanna go with telstra), then the 8000 is all i have to go with

The Whirlpool website is a good source, but it either returns the results i dont want, or results that look good, then you click to check out the website, and they only have 1500 or DSL2+ (which makes you wonder how accurate the WP search results are lol)

So, who are you all with? Do you like them? is their quota a good bang for buck?

iiNet is a fantastic ISP and their customer service is awesome... and with all the tv commercials coming out, makes me think they are gunna jump up a level of succession in the near future

but 10GB peak quota isnt enough for me... and i dont wanna be paying $99.95 for only an extra 10GB on top of my current quota!

Im still wanting ADSL8000, just a bigger quota, without spending more than $80/mo..
    Sofar ive found TPG have a 25gb plan for the same price i pay, also the uploads arent counted which is a plus

What will sell me:
    -DSL8000
    -No uploads counted to quota
    -More than 10GB lol

Not for this to sound bad.... but if you dont have anything nice to say about your current ISP i would suggest you reserve your thoughts please... its not nice to bag people here Click here to enlarge im only after the good points to help me pick Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just switched from Bigpond to TPG.

Bigpond: ADSL 12GB $79.95 p/month
    TPG: ADSL2+ 30GB $49.95 p/month

Best thing I've ever done!

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    im looking at TPG also.
    just looking at there plans, which have changed again!

this would be the way i would go

Super Fast Heavy /110GB $69.99 110GB2 (50GB+60GB)
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    remember:

ADSL2 is not available in my area... highest i can go is 8000
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Both with TPG, 1500k and 8000k

Ultimate 1500/80GB $69.95 1500k/256k 80GB(35GB+45GB)

Ultimate Premium Plus 8000/50GB $99.95 8000k/384k~ 50GB2
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ive been runing on TPG for ages, best value for money I could find at the time and it was only a 6 month original contract.
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    TPG is lookin pretty good sofar...

i found Netspace apparently does ADSL2 at my exchange, also does NakedDSL... but considering i cant find anyone that does it other than telstra, makes this one hard to beleive!

Might give both providers a ring on Monday and see what deals they can do if i churn across Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am with TPG too,you also get free IPTV from TPG
    2018 BMW 125i M Sport Alpine White
    2010 MY10 VW R36 Wagon Biscay Blue
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking|OpeliZed|Whiteline RSB|EibachProKit | Shopping Trolley

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    whats IPTV??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 TPG,

Been with em for about 4yrs, no hassles in service whatsover, maybe 1 or 2 email outages in that whole time...

If you can get Telstra ADSL2+ then that means ANYONE can supply you with ADSL2+ as they all use the Telstra Copper to run it through.

TPG $49 50GB (25+25)
    Opelized Astra G Sri-T Silver - Mods to date --> ECU Remap - K&N Pod - 2.5" cat-back zorst w/ Hi-Flow S/S cat - Eibach 'Sportlines' - Bilstein B8's - 20" Variant rims w/ Hankook 235/35/20 rubber - Aero wipers -
    To Do's - Re-paint console, FMIC!! WASH!!!!! Click here to enlarge

Thread Information