Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats because the 2,3L Turbo is a fuel guzzler ... it's combined figure in the Mazda 3 MPS is the same as a 4L Falcon! Actually all of the jap turbo small cars are fuel guzzlers (MPS3, WRX adn Ralliart)

The ecoBoost 2L is a new design

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well hopefully a 2.0ltr 4 pot powered Falcon will also be a 'resized' vehicle...as we all know the trend of ever bigger and bigger new models, with growth in weight as well dosn't really make sense to pair it up with a much smaller powerplant - hopefully it dosn't end up being a total slug or inefficient from having to lean hard on it to make the car go (that's been the aquillies heel of alot of new 4 pot turbo powered cars, in that they're too big and heavy for a turbo 4 pot to return good mileage figures - a good example is the new Mitsu Lancer...maybe this new Ford engine is totally different ?? what are the specs on this Ecoboost 2.0ltr donk ??

On thing I really like about that article posted by Pete is the LPG talk - I've always been a fan of LPG when it comes to an alternative cheaper running cost fuel alternatives and LPG has huge potential in this area, great to see Ford developing and advancing the technology and use in this area...

One of those new Fiestas with 3.7ltr/100km sounds great for a future new DD vehicle Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    from what Ive heard, these new EcoBoost engines from Ford sound like a good thing and will probably be a much better engine to stick in a large car compared to the DI 3.0 V6 Holden want to put into the Commodore later this year - peak torque at 5000rpm? It's going to be the Starfire all over again.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Thread Information