Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MPS3 test

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=64483
    http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=64485
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion of this car remains the same - I like it Click here to enlarge

From that review, it sounds like a better car than the previous model...

I wonder how tuning will affect that electronic set up it has to control torque production and torque steer though, hopefully it's still at least a little tuner friendly, after all who wouldn't want to give it a little bump up in power like what's available to most/all turbo charged cars Click here to enlarge

I'd have to say though, that for the money I'd go for a MY09 onwards WRX sedan...just from a performance standpoint, it's got the goods to kick any hot hatch in the guts and with some tuning it'll stomp the best of them as well as being a practicle not bad looking mid size 4 door sedan...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    My opinion of this car remains the same - I like it Click here to enlarge

From that review, it sounds like a better car than the previous model...

I wonder how tuning will affect that electronic set up it has to control torque production and torque steer though, hopefully it's still at least a little tuner friendly, after all who wouldn't want to give it a little bump up in power like what's available to most/all turbo charged cars Click here to enlarge

I'd have to say though, that for the money I'd go for a MY09 onwards WRX sedan...just from a performance standpoint, it's got the goods to kick any hot hatch in the guts and with some tuning it'll stomp the best of them as well as being a practicle not bad looking mid size 4 door sedan...
    I could not walk up to a (even a MY09) WRX and think... yes i've purchased the right car. I'm sorry, but it's an absolutely horrible looking car and the interior honestly looks/feels horrible as well. I can appreciate what it's now like, but it is not at all for me. I haven't not driven it (nor do I plan to), and haven't driven a 3 MPS either. For some reason, i don't dislike the overall package of this new 3 MPS (specifically... not the rest of the 3 range)

EDIT: I'd rather spend around 40K on a 2 year old BMW 130i
    Last edited by GreyRex; 23rd July 2009 at 08:33 AM.
    2006 Subaru WRX

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mizled_SRi-T Click here to enlarge
    I could not walk up to a (even a MY09) WRX and think... yes i've purchased the right car. I'm sorry, but it's an absolutely horrible looking car and the interior honestly looks/feels horrible as well. I can appreciate what it's now like, but it is not at all for me. I haven't not driven it (nor do I plan to), and haven't driven a 3 MPS either. For some reason, i don't dislike the overall package of this new 3 MPS (specifically... not the rest of the 3 range)
    That's fair enough each to their own, I've checked one out and think the exact opposite (ie. the sedan model), it's proportions are not bad (ie. looking at it in the flesh, pictures do it no justice) and the full leather interior pack is also not bad, the only part I dislike is the dash dial cluster design, but it does light up very nicely Click here to enlarge

New Mazda 3 range is very nice IMO, I'd be so very tempted if Mazda Aust. brings in the Mazda 3 TDi variant with the same 2.2ltr TDi engine as used in the new Mazda 6 TDi model...

It's got to be one of the best and most refined diesel powerplants going ATM.
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fugly as!
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by btm Click here to enlarge
    fugly as!
    +1 and look it's a girls car Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nah man...its a big giant grin with wheels..
    looks like a typical "costello" smirk
    Make me a sandwich.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just cannot get over that front. Sorry. Wasn't even able to read the review.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me no like either Click here to enlarge

gone r the days of good mps 3s.
    .....and the mps 6s!!!
    SOLD!! Soon to be Skoda Octavia vRS!
    Rieger Tuning Bodykit; Whiteline Rear Sway Bar; Whiteline Front Brace-Strut; Bilstein Heavyduty Strut Mounts; Koni Sports Shocks; Sports Ryder Performance Springs; DEPO Angel Eyes 5000k Xenons[/B]; Kamei Mesh Sports Grille; Hurricane Muffler; Hella FF50 Foglights; INXX Bonnet Lifters; 17x7.5" StarCorp Gunmetal 6;

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Wraith, for the money I'd be looking at a wrx.

I personally think they both look very average, but AWD tips it in favour of the MY09 wrx.

there's a big difference between the MY08 and MY09 wrx.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind owning and driving the MPS or WRX. I wouldn't like to look at them, but driving them is another matter Click here to enlarge

Thread Information