Thread: Pc xp help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pc xp help

hi, well i just did a windows update with the .net 3.5 framework on my pc, and well low n behold it wont load up now.

It boots gets to the windows log in screen select log in and it starts then after a few seconds turns itself off, and restarts. then comes up with select boot device or select any key press any key and it keeps doing the same thing over n over again.

Turn pc off and same thing again.

Now this happened b4 with 3.0.net and i did F8 safe mode system restore to before it and all was good.

Now this time i did safe mode (were i am typing this from) and system restore to b4 it and still the same thing it didnt fix it this time.

Now it wont let me do a system restore again from safe mode.

Unsure of what to try now, any ideas guys?

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to suggest the safe mode restore but you've already tried that. Tried doing a restore from the disc?
    I.e. put your XP disc into the drive boot off that and do a restore from that. Worst case you'll need to reinstall your programs but everything else should be fine. Still just backup things you want to keep just to be safe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stupid windows, keeps telling me i need .net framework 3.0 3.5 then this always happens twice now.

Think ill stick with .net 2.0 seems to work fine with that.

i ended up doing it the safe mode way but i had to sue my log in instead of admin log in for some reason.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey so long as its fixed thats all that matters

Thread Information