Thread: Astra gone....

OpelAus Forum Regular Black Nugget's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astra gone....

Hey guys and gals,

Back on opelaus after a bit of an absence. Coming back on here I realise what a great forum opelaus is here and how well it is run.

Anyway, my absence is a combo of a new job, moving state hassles and general slackness on my own behalf.

But in the time that I have not been active on here I have traded in my beloved astra SRi for something with a little more go.

It's not an opel per se so I thought general comments is probably a more fitting area, but as of a few months ago I have picked up a 6 speed VY SS with a mere a 36 000 km on it. Yes its a big departure from my Astra but im loving the LS1s power and torque.

I also hope that there is a new member on here with a silver SRiT - met him on an advanced driver course on the weekend and pointed him in the direction of opelaus - if you're on here I hope you get as much out of it as I and many others have.

Anyway enough yapping and more piccies but its good to be back on opelaus - rock on opels!

New

Click here to enlarge

Old

Click here to enlarge

Finally i'l be posting these on the for sale thread but if anyone is after a DTM style opel G grille(as pictured) or zender metal pedals give us a shout (Brisbane/Newcastle/Sydney pickup or postage)
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Black '02 SRi

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    LOL @ beast numberplate Click here to enlarge

well done mate.. ive always had a soft spot for the VYSS, i really love the rims (had them on my VX at one stage) and 36.000kms... wow !!!

just because you have gone from an astra to a dunnidore doesnt mean u gotta leave us behind Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    aww sad to see the astra go Click here to enlarge but i suppose..we must all move on one day...

glad your happy with the new ride..Click here to enlarge
    any pics of these pedals by any chance?

OpelAus Forum Regular Black Nugget's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh ive always had a soft spot for vy ss's and when one with this many ks tuned up I sort of got lost in the moment.

As for the pedals they are the exact ones on the car shine website. They are unused and ready to go.

http://www.carshine.com.au/

Im having trouble though with the for sale template - it keeps taking me to the smileys page, any ideas?
    Black '02 SRi

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Nugget Click here to enlarge

Im having trouble though with the for sale template - it keeps taking me to the smileys page, any ideas?
    yeah mate it's screwed atm - just post up a note in the general section.
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice pick up!
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your upgrade - well done Click here to enlarge

Having purchased and owned a LS1 powered vehicle myself, I can vouch for the pleasure in driving that car compared to your Astra - Worlds apart !!!

Enjoy and happy motoring Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice pickup mate. Like the other guys said love the VY SS. Youll have to come on the cruise on this Sunday Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information