Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banisher

Unhappy Farewell Opelaus

I've been on quite a few car related forums in the passed 6 or so years, usually the first thing I do before posting a thread for advice is to search for what I want before hand, so after searching the Astra section for 3 hours looking for advice on how to improve my headlights I didn't find anything that I actually wanted, all I really found was people talking about angel eye's, a direction I just don't want to go in.

So to post an advice needed thread only to have the owner close it and tell me to search for it in my opinion was just pathetic and childish, can only assume he'd had a bad day, but if that's the way it is here then I'll go elsewhere for advice in the future.

However, it was good to see a few things here like sort of organized day trips and forum meet up's.

Leave you all to it, thanks to anyone that I did manage to get advice from and hope you all enjoy and drive safely.

Banisher
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a shame mate. Hope you enjoyed your stay.
    See you back real soon :-)
    Astra G... Click here to enlarge
    Now.. BA XR6 ute

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you mean to say you didnt find this thread....

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...va+arctic+blue

or this thread

or this one

I'm sorry you feel offended that you were told to search for this info, but the topic has been covered several times.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate, don't take that as a personal attack.
    It's just to keep the forums from being filled with threads of the exact same thing.

Poita was just suggesting use the search function as it's amazing how much easier it is to find what you're looking for.

Here's one thread that could help you. Took me 1 minute to locate that.

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...adlight+globes

EDIT: Too good Pete. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi mate,

First off... In no way am i taking sides here. I can only suggest that there is a possibility that when you performed your search, your parameters might not have been set correctly.

Bear in mind, that when it comes to headlights, this broadens beyond just the Astra. Searching in just the Astra area may not have had what you were after.

I performed a bit of a search myself. And found information on:

- HID's (High Intensity Discharge) conversions
    - Angel eyes, which i understand wasnt an avenue you wanted to go down, but nonetheless, you did find something at least
    - bulb upgrades, which in your original post here you have covered that you already have this
    - headlight rejuvination

So in short, there is plenty of info here in regards to headlights and upgrades etc. so i wouldnt be calling an admin pathetic just because you were unable to find what you were after. Their job is to close threads like that because the owner has to pay for site costs which includes bandwidth usage. If he hadnt have closed it, there would have been a heap of extra posts that werent really needed as the info is already covered elsewhere.

I am sorry we did not have the info that you are after. Might i suggest you do a bit of a search on Google and see if you can get the results you need Click here to enlarge

Best of luck with your future endeavours.
    Cheers
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if u have been a few forums u know most forums will ask u to search first.

it is sad though.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good Luck Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hoo roo..
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Only 9 posts?

Thanks for your contribution buddyClick here to enlarge
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arrrr Yawwwnnnnn!!! ZzzzazZzZzZzZzZ , What does he want a sorry card ,with any forum it's always a work in progress ,people have busy lifestyles and so forth ,I posted a How to for a Led change from Orange to Blue LED's in the AH interior and told users I'd be able to do them but have not had time to get around to it as I am busy ,everyone accepted the fact that I was to busy and got on with their lives just fine ..........I have not really seen anyone upset on this forum really that much at all ?????? I was a member of another well known forum that I won't disclose that was full of wank sticks and try hards..............

Thread Information