Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge

HSV have always and will always only have 'done up' variants of whatever Holden sells...
    I thought the same until this...

"We don't necessarily have to replicate the range that Holden brings in," Crennan told the Carsales Network. "There are other alternatives to broaden our portfolio."

"There are some other European cars in the GM family we're having a close look at," Crennan admitted.

Although I still see it difficult for HSV to do so anyway. They are afterall called HOLDEN Special Vehicles even if they are a company in their own right.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden Click here to enlarge
    I thought the same until this...

"We don't necessarily have to replicate the range that Holden brings in," Crennan told the Carsales Network. "There are other alternatives to broaden our portfolio."

"There are some other European cars in the GM family we're having a close look at," Crennan admitted.

Although I still see it difficult for HSV to do so anyway. They are afterall called HOLDEN Special Vehicles even if they are a company in their own right.
    I've heard that line from as long ago as when I purchased my 1st HSV back in '99 at the many HSV launches, focus group meetings etc. that I participated in thereafter...

It quickly became apparent to me that what HSV would like to do and what they actually can do are 2 different things...GMH runs the whole show, maybe that's changing recently because of the whole economic climate thing ?? but in terms of business sense, there's not much of that if HSV which is essentially just a sporting arm of GMH sell a unique model that isn't part of the 'normal' range, especially in this case whereby both the Insignia and Corsa would be a part of a very small niche market or small volumes...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HSV have been looking to become a stand alone importer and export now for some time now and I believe that HSV Vauxhall and walkinshaw are in negiations
    at this point in time on pricing the insignia VXR at a reasonable price . All VXR / OPC models are " NAV " models meaning they are fitted with sat nav units . Meaning the cars are well equipped but the price factor is the issue . I believe from my sources ( which I can assure you are reliable and true) pricing is the issue at this point in time .
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be happy if they just bring in the next gen Astra VXR !
    Failing a small Hot 3 door hatch from HSV I will be jumping ship to another brand .
    Be it VW GTiR (?) or Audi S3.
    Mind you not in a real hurry and one VXR will remain in the household while the other is traded.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    but the price factor is the issue . I believe from my sources ( which I can assure you are reliable and true) pricing is the issue at this point in time .
    Correct !

Pricing has ALWAYS been the issue with HSV vehicles, for the most part they have always been a blatant rip off and relied heavily on loyal fans for their turn over, I'm not having a go either as I too have purchsed and owned HSV's in the past - just telling it as it is...

Now if you consider or factor in the plan of trying to go in a 'stand alone' type venture without parent company GMH in the picture with a base model or range of the same vehicle, there's only going to be one outcome...an even higher price point for any such vehicle !

The Opel Insignia VXR sells in the U.K for between 30-40k pound sterling, that's at least 65-80k $AUD already...if HSV sells them exclusively without the type being imported and sold also by GMH there's already one huge price jump on that price point and because the volumes will be small, there's another jump again on that price point...

I hope we do get some exciting new fully imported vehicles coming through, but also hope GMH stocks them as well...that's the only way they will be priced anywhere near reasonable once they've had HSV badges stuck on them, because after all that's all they're doing with any imported VXR vehicle...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kabel Click here to enlarge
    I will be happy if they just bring in the next gen Astra VXR !
    Failing a small Hot 3 door hatch from HSV I will be jumping ship to another brand .
    Be it VW GTiR (?) or Audi S3.
    Mind you not in a real hurry and one VXR will remain in the household while the other is traded.
    Agree...

New Astra is looking really good - VXR variant will no doubt be hot...lots of reports suggesting a 200kw jobbie too...

As for your alternative choices, if your going into S3 money territory, don't forget about the 135i Click here to enlarge

And most certainly a Mk6 Golf GTiR IMO would be a great choice too, basically an S3 or TTS in drag Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information