Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    We won't know for sure until all the dust settles with what's going on ATM with the GFC and all the shuffling around of what was the GM group of companies...

Depending on that outcome, we may see the new Astra model come down under - the Astra name has been a top if not the top small-medium class seller for Holden for years, I can't see them dropping it all together if thay can help it...

It could end up being a Daewoo model, either way I can't see GMH giving up or replacing the Astra name, unlike what they did with the Calibra or are doing with the Vectra, but those 2 never did one bit as well as the Astra...
    Fingers crossed they see sense. I cant say that the Viva or the hideous Epica have been nearly as successful as the TS Classic and Vectra that they replaced.

Interestingly the AH Astra hasn't really done that well in NZ. Not sure why as the TS Astra was huge. They are pushing the cruze really hard on TV and in print right now, but we havent had any promotion for the Astra since the Astra La Vista adverts when the product was launched in 04.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The AH hasn't lived up to or done anywhere near as well as the TS model here in Aust. either...

Don't know if it is totally attributable to the GFC either as it was introduced well before that and never matched the TS right from the beginning...

A good example is the twin top variant, same/similar price as the soft top TS before it and by most accounts a better vehicle, but it has sold in small numbers compared to the TS vert which stands as Australia's best selling convertible to date - that's why GMH never brought in the turbo models of the AH twin top Click here to enlarge

Most probably because as of late there is far more competition out there...

The TS happened to be the right car at the right time for GMH Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Theres an article on the back page on the August Motor mag, bit of a send off for the Astra.....
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, a lot of people prefer the TS shape to the AH, hence sales went down from there.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nzsri Click here to enlarge
    Thought as much. I've just bought a new VXR for myself as I thought the recession would be the end of them in New Zealand. I've only seen one VXR here and it is in my garage. It's a pity really, as that will be the last Holden that I will buy.
    Top Gear Australia magazine did a cross-country run through NZ in a Red VXR with plates ELY60..see June 09 issue.

Thread Information