Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shay Click here to enlarge
    would really like to see the outcome of Daaaavek's supercharged z22 that he is gettin ready. but ive a feeling its a fair way away.

Have you seen Johnny's from the UK?
    same engine and SC as Dave, but in a car similar to yours:
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...wDoc&docId=112
    BIG $$ spent though Click here to enlarge

You could control (or set) AFR's with a remap if it was a custom job done on a dyno.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other approach... which may be laughable, is a lot cheaper. Aim to only increase your peak hp by a small amount. That means you can keep your transmission (er well, maybe not - torque increases), keep your afm, keep your injectors, keep your fuel pump, keep your internals, etc etc. But aim so that your power band is as large as possible, and extends as low as is possible. Would give a nice kick when floored from any revs, although you have to push "torques" instead of horsepowers, much like the diesel gangs. Certainly more likely to see success (which I would love to see Click here to enlarge) though then aiming for 300hp straight off the bat. Anyway, don't flame me - not my idea, first read it here. Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    the amount of boost you will achieve in your vec b will be like 6-8psi psi safely which will only prob give you 20kw? but set you back thousands.. not to mention your gearbox being so old will hold it back again.
    8psi's over half an atmosphere... Would hope to get more then 20kW out of squeezing 50% more air in to a 2.2L Click here to enlarge, even after losses.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    on a car that old i think 20kw is realistic Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    on a car that old i think 20kw is realistic Click here to enlarge
    cars only done 130,000 kms and always been well looked after, was garaged for 9 years of its life.

driving wise its about half its age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoW.

Well for starters id say look at getting a car that has already been done, u will save urself a lot of cash in the long run that i know for sure.

Also just bcoz u have the same or better p/w ratio then the 1jz dont mean shit, it dont mean that u will eat it or be faster then it at all. Hell u could have twice the power it has and still be eating by it trust me.

Wouldnt worry about doing a manual conversion id keep the auto but get a full rebuild with a shift kit and a full work over might cost a few k but can be done.

i wouldnt worry about a decomp plate one bit, u will need a better fuel pump, inj and decent tune though. Although u would need them even if u had the decomp plate.

Your car will be realiable right now that is for sure, but once its been boosted it will most likly spend more time off the road then on. It is possible to get it all done on the cheap and have it run well all day everyday, just depends on if u skimp on any thing.

Do it once and do it right.

too tired to think of anything else right now, not even sure if what i wrote makes any sense hehehe.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why the hate for power to weight ratio SSS? It may not help top speed, but it affects low speed acceleration a hell of a lot..

Of course "quicker" is very vague.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    + 1 to daiflu's 1st post, agree with what he wrote there on this topic...

Shay, if your commited and really want to do this and have the time and dudget (and the patience) those 4 things are essential, then go for it Click here to enlarge

Would make even more sense if this car then becomes a 2nd car or weekender or the like rather than your everyday car, as besides longevity and ongoing reliability issues you will have trouble trying to get it insured, I dare say no insurance company will take on a car modified like that and owned by a 19 year old, but you'll need to make the inquiries and see the result of that one...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont have a thing against p/w ratio at all.

Just in his car being FWD and harder to get traction it would need to be a fair bit higher to beat a rwd or awd car of the same ratio is all i was saying.

I just know how it is to have a FWD car with some decent amount of power and the troubles with traction it brings.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what stock boost are the Z20LET, Z20LER set to?

Thread Information