Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with that hp you want shay, I think you would have to do some internals within the engine. Remember S/C is always on and never stops until engine is off, which means alot less km's per tank. T/C are easier to install and prob have more power at the end of the day. I think you need to do some further research into which S/C will fit for your engine, I dont think alot of ppl do S/C's for opels.

Good idea though, however how long do you intend to keep this car for? think of the money you need to invest for it and in like 5 years, how much will it be worth?
    Audi B6 2004 A4 1.8T S-Line Black. Its Bloody well tuned by AuzVectra.
    *Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by daiflu Click here to enlarge
    You can run a clamp, or would probably do away with it using aftermarket ecu.

Hell no! 1J would eat you up and run for twice as long with the same $$ spent.
    the 1j would be a second car, not a replacement. so 6k mods to mine v 6k 1j
    power/weight i would prob have the advantage.

it is true this prob will never get off the paper, but ive been doin heaps oof lookin around on this forum and other opel/vauxhall ones and there is pretty much no advice on what you need or need to do.

so even if this doesnt get anywhere could be helpful for others.
    supercharger is new. just made for MR2's.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a time where I was considering doing something similar to this with my Vec, but eventually my unfortunately large common sense machine caught up with me and hence why I've decided I'll just upgrade to something else (as said elsewhere probs a BMW |6 (or perhaps V8) of similar age).

But, that being said, to do that would be one hell of a build and you'd get a (pretty awesome) car that would be probably 1 of a kind in Australia (take that to be good or bad). In the end I guess the old saying of "It's your car" is really what matters here and hey you've always got us to tell you in 20 different ways when 'ur doin' it wrong.

W/regard to technicalities, I'd probably say that if you're gonna do it then yeah add on the extra hundreds and get a manual box and perhaps add a Quaife.
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jerram Click here to enlarge

W/regard to technicalities, I'd probably say that if you're gonna do it then yeah add on the extra hundreds and get a manual box and perhaps add a Quaife.
    thats what my mate is saying to, that i should look at a manual conversion before any other performance mods.

would really like to see the outcome of Daaaavek's supercharged z22 that he is gettin ready. but ive a feeling its a fair way away.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shay Click here to enlarge
    thats what my mate is saying to, that i should look at a manual conversion before any other performance mods.
    Click here to enlarge
    if its anything like the cost for a calibra manual conversion.... i wouldnt look into it unless u want a heart attack

ive decided that if i am to go a manual conversion... im gunna buy a manual calibra, and swap all my current stuff over to it

much cheaper Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hazrd Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    if its anything like the cost for a calibra manual conversion.... i wouldnt look into it unless u want a heart attack

ive decided that if i am to go a manual conversion... im gunna buy a manual calibra, and swap all my current stuff over to it

much cheaper Click here to enlarge
    i was looking at repairable write-offs, then swap the box and wreck the rest.
    or else find a gear and pedal box in a wrecker.

just did the sums, need 40kw atf to have the same power/weight as a stock 1j

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    you got to remember the 1j has stronger internals in it already, if your wanting to run boost you will need new pistons and the such, yours will melt.. crank a 1jz's boost up it will still handle it and 40kw will become something more like 80kw.. which is a hell of a lot! 40kw is still alot its about a nissan micra worth Click here to enlarge... IMO IF your going to spend this kind of money on a S/C your better off doing an engine conversion to the V6 Vectra Engine and then work with that after youve saved some more money up again.. Click here to enlarge

the amount of boost you will achieve in your vec b will be like 6-8psi psi safely which will only prob give you 20kw? but set you back thousands.. not to mention your gearbox being so old will hold it back again.

you shouldnt need a piggy back ecu, a flash/remap should suffice, you only use the piggybacks when there was no OBD ports to remap, the chip used to overlap your existing ECU and be soldered on to it, not 100% sure with vec B's but fairly sure you have an OBD

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    you shouldnt need a piggy back ecu, a flash/remap should suffice, you only use the piggybacks when there was no OBD ports to remap, the chip used to overlap your existing ECU and be soldered on to it, not 100% sure with vec B's but fairly sure you have an OBD
    have an OBD but dont think you can control AFR through it

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    you should be able to id imagine... cause your AFR will be sent to your ECU, which when you plug up to the OBD it to the ECU so should i think..

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    that made no sence sorry...

i mean your AFR reading will be sent to you ECU, therefor when you tune from the OBD it is a dirrect connection to the ECU so you should be able to do AFR values with it.. id imagine Click here to enlarge

Thread Information