Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fitting gauges

OpelAus Enthusiast JasonGilholme's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    That's a very simple, but very neat looking triple gauge install there above Jason - I like it, well done Click here to enlarge
    Thanks mate. KISS rule applied quite well if i do say so myself Click here to enlarge haha
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JasonGilholme Click here to enlarge
    Thanks mate. KISS rule applied quite well if i do say so myself Click here to enlarge haha
    Good one...

I too have always been an advocate of the K.I.S.S saying or rule whichever you want to call it, but also do get carried away often enough with modifications and works and they end up being extremely complicated, but as long as it's all good in the end, I'm happy :smile2:
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm i'm almost tempted to get the t fitting for the temp sensor....I've seena few on ebay...made of aircraft metal...might buy one and see what happens...i'll tie it in with my blue engine cover hehe

OpelAus Enthusiast JasonGilholme's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The T fitting for the water temp is ok I'd use it if i hadn't done it the way i have.

I wouldn't recommend a T fitting for the oil temperature/pressure though. Alot of people run a T fitting from the back of their block where the stock oil pressure sender comes from.

Looks like this:

Click here to enlarge

Basically a double adaptor for the oil line/sensor to plug into. The reason i don't like these is because of the different expansion rates of the metals.

I had to remove a T piece from my block cause the gauge failed and i was going to change to the sandwhich plate setup. This is what happened when i removed the T piece from the block:

Broken Fitting Removed from block:

Click here to enlarge

Engine out to weld up crack that it made in the block wall:

Click here to enlarge

Now i have no Stock Oil pressure sender and i rely on my oil gauge for any warnings. The idiot light would be too late anyway. lol

I defiantely recommend the sandwhich plate, if you screw it up its only 50 bucks and its easy to fix. Not like what i had to go through.
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information