Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi Guys!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nurb608: Thanks Nurb! any idea what something like this would cost? Also, the car is still under warranty. Will this void?

mania: I would LOVE to go for a bigger intercooler! Just waiting for the warranty to expire!Click here to enlarge
    Are you VXR enough?
    Click here to enlarge
    Previous:
    2002 Opel Astra Coupe Turbo
    2002 Opel Corsa Chill (on Superboss Rims)

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ash, the onus is on them to prove a modification you have made caused and problems.

They still have to cover you for anything that's not your fault. So really there's not much point in waiting until it's out of warranty.. as if it's the modification that's going to break the car, you'll be paying for it whether it's in warranty or not.

So go right ahead Click here to enlarge get your 300bhp from a simple exhaust and intercooler change. (Can you detect the jealousy in that statement? Click here to enlarge)

EDIT: as an example, if you fit an intercooler... and a month later the water pump started leaking, they'd have a hard time proving that one lead to the other. In fact, they couldn't, because it didn't. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mania!

You're tempting me now Click here to enlarge! My wifes gonna kill you!! Click here to enlarge
    And, OH YES, I can detect the jealousy Click here to enlarge
    Are you VXR enough?
    Click here to enlarge
    Previous:

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha I can feel it dripping from my fingers Click here to enlarge. I like the silver too.

As a word of warning though, they probably can point to any power mod north of an airbox mod and say that caused the gearbox/clutch to fail... but then again, they'd probably be right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I always liked it in Silver! Actually a bit of an uncommon colour for the VXRs

You're probably right about the power mods! I think I'll just play it safe for now and just go the induction route. The setup on that OPC in the youtube video really interests me! Its the kinda sound Im looking for!
    Are you VXR enough?
    Click here to enlarge
    Previous:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ash VXRoz Click here to enlarge
    Thanks! I always liked it in Silver! Actually a bit of an uncommon colour for the VXRs

You're probably right about the power mods! I think I'll just play it safe for now and just go the induction route. The setup on that OPC in the youtube video really interests me! Its the kinda sound Im looking for!
    Welcome and very nice VXR. You'll have to come to a few qld meets/cruise Click here to enlarge

The blow off sound when backing off in that youtube video is called a turbo flutter or doseing. To achieve that sound you'll just need a pod filter and pull the lower vac hose off your BOV unit underneath you car.

This can reduce the life of your turbo and may harm some componemts in the long term. Also backing off might not be as smooth as it was when the vac hose still connected.

IMO get a pod filter and if your worried heat shield it and get a CAI and you'll still get a psssst sound when changing gears, and will not harm a thing. When choosing a pod filters its best to get a dry cotton filter aka 3A racing pod and not an oiled one eg. K&N

Hope that helps,

Chris
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ash VXRoz Click here to enlarge
    Nurb608: Thanks Nurb! any idea what something like this would cost? Also, the car is still under warranty. Will this void?

mania: I would LOVE to go for a bigger intercooler! Just waiting for the warranty to expire!Click here to enlarge
    They cost anywhere from about $850 - $1200. Everyone has their own opinions, best to make up your own mind on them though as everyone will say theirs is the best Click here to enlarge
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome mate

vxr looks tops in silver!
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even fitting the cdti airbox makes the turbo considerably louder... which may be one explanation for the ridiculous crossover arrangement in the first place. Click here to enlarge

NSW Cruise Co-ordinator maloo97's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by btm Click here to enlarge
    welcome mate

vxr looks tops in silver!

+ 1. awesome, congratz

Thread Information